Theft, Medical, and Vehicle Fires: Maple Grove Police Incident Report
Oct 05, 2015 08:54PM
By Wendy Erlien
A synopsis of some incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department for the week of Sept. 18 to Sept. 24, 2015.
Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
- 9700 block of Forestview Lane. Suspicious person. Report of two people coming from behind a residence and started running. Officers checked residence, nothing disturbed and persons not located.
- 16000 block of 92nd Avenue. Medical incident. Report of person having chest pain. Transported to hospital by ambulance.
- County Road 30 and Troy Lane. Welfare check. Report of person sitting on utility box for a length of time; on arrival officers located person with sock off and had a very swollen foot. Released from hospital and walking home. Officers gave person a ride home.
- 12000 block of Central Parkway. Report of suspicious activity, youth climbing on crane in construction area; on arrival officers found two juveniles trespassing inside building.
- I-94 and Maple Grove Parkway. Report of a vehicle on fire; on arrival officers saw flames coming from under the front of vehicle with driver still in vehicle. Had driver exit and the fire department arrived and extinguished fire. Vehicle towed and driver picked up by family.
- 12000 block of 82nd Avenue. Theft from auto. Report of window smashed out and items stolen from inside vehicle. Follow up being done for suspect information.
- 13000 block of Grove Drive. Shoplifting report. Juvenile concealing clothing and running from business when confronted; report vehicle plate came back to a different vehicle. No suspects at this time.
- 11000 block of 88th Avenue. Medical incident, report of person in a lot of pain and couldn’t move. Police arrived with ambulance and assisted them for transport.
- 9100 block of Quinwood Lane. Medical incident, report of child’s leg stuck in crib and possibly broken; on arrival officers were able to free child with no broken bones. Ambulance cancelled.
- 6600 block of Annapolis Lane. Suspicious activity. Report of numerous items at park spray painted with graffiti; no suspects at this time.
- Highway 169 and I-694. Report of a vehicle fire at noted location; on arrival vehicle fully engulfed. Driver stated vehicle began to smoke and smell like gas so they pulled over and got out.
- 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Shoplifting report . On arrival, person arrested for shoplifting and released with a court date.
During this time period there were 37 property damage traffic accidents and three property damage injury accidents.