Closures Anticipated Along Highway 610 Project
Nov 22, 2015 05:03PM
● Published by Wendy Erlien
Highway 610 Project (Credit: Minnesota Department of Transportation)
As part of the ongoing Highway 610 project, travelers can anticipate a few closures starting Monday, Nov. 23, 2015.
The city of Maple Grove wrote on their Facebook page Nov. 21:
As part of the Hwy 610 project, 101st Avenue will close early Monday, November 23, between Maple Grove Parkway and Lawndale Lane, just west of Interstate 94.
At the same time, 105th Avenue will close between 101st Avenue and Dunkirk Lane. West of I-94 101st Avenue traffic will detour on Lawndale Lane and Maple Grove Parkway east of I-94. The traffic detour for 105th Avenue is Dunkirk Lane to access Holly Lane.
The Highway610 project is expected to continue through fall of 2016. Some of the project highlights include, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation:
- Realigning and extending Highway 610 from County Road 81 and Elm Creek Boulevard to I-94 in Maple Grove.
- Construct a Highway 610 bridge over Fernbrook Lane
- Construct a Highway 610/Maple Grove Parkway interchange
- Close, remove a half mile segment of 101st Avenue North (between I-94 and Fernbrook Lane)