House Fire, Burglary and Suspicious Activity: MGPD Report
Jan 27, 2016 07:21AM
● By Wendy Erlien
A synopsis of some incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department for the week of Jan. 1-7, 2016. Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
provided by Maple Grove Police Department.
- Motor vehicle theft on the 8900 block of Sycamore Lane. Report of vehicle being stolen while warming up in driveway; hit another vehicle as it drove away. Alert put out on vehicle and eventually recovered in St. Paul. Case still pending, charges on suspect.
- Theft from auto on the 11700 block of Fountains Way. Report of items stolen out of unlocked vehicle in parking lot; no suspects at this time.
- Damage to property on the 9100 block of Zanzibar Lane. Report of all four tires on vehicle punctured while in parking lot; officers found half inch cut in sidewall of each tire. No suspects at this time.
- No pay on the 12500 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of two females leaving without paying for dinner. No suspects at this time.
- House fire on the 16500 block of 72nd Place. Report of residence on fire; on arrival back of home was fully engulfed. Officers primed hydrants for fire department and conducted traffic control until cleared by fire department. No injuries.
- Mail theft on the 8500 block of Oakview Way. Report of mail taken out of mailbox that was just put in; no suspects at this time.
- Suspicious persons on the 10500 block of 104th Place. Report of two juveniles trying to get into neighbors residence; on arrival officers located suspects at gunpoint, and later learned they were grandkids of the owner. Both transported to their residences per parents.
- Burglary on the 17000 block of 90th Place. Report of items stolen from vehicle parked in garage with door left open all night; no suspects or evidence at this time.
- Theft from auto on the 11900 block of 73rd Avenue. Report of person having items taken from unlocked vehicle in parking lot; no suspects at this time.
- Suspicious activity on the 15400 block of Bass Lake Road. Report of vehicle parked in back parking lot, running for a long time; on arrival officers noted nobody in the front seats, but found two persons in backseat. Individuals were told to leave; nothing criminal.
- Theft from auto on the 9500 block of 99th Place. Report of items stolen from unlocked vehicles in driveway overnight; on arrival officers noticed footprints going to neighbor’s residence as well. No suspects at this time.
- No pay on the 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of taxi driver not being paid from three males who hired him for ride to area and ran from him; on arrival individuals not located, but possible video to be viewed.
During this time period there were 34 property damage traffic accidents, two medical incidents, and one property damage injury traffic accident.