Gun, Assault, Cold Canines: MGPD Incident Report
Feb 04, 2016 08:21PM ● Published by Wendy Erlien
A synopsis of some incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department for the weeks of Jan. 15-27, 2016. Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.Information provided by Maple Grove Police Department.
- 12200 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of person taking items from business without paying; on arrival suspect arrested for shoplifting and released from scene.
- Bass Lake Road and I-494. Report of vehicle swerving all over the road; officers located vehicle, stopped it and arrested the driver for narcotics.
- 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of persons being assaulted while in parking lot of business; on arrival victims did not want medical treatment or charges filed on known suspects.
- 13800 block of Grove Drive. Report of suspicious occupied vehicle parked in lot of business late at night. Officers made contact and person was using WiFi of business and would leave.
- 11800 block of 73rd Avenue. Report of dog left in vehicle at business for over an hour; on arrival officer located vehicle with dog that was in imminent danger because of cold. Owner came out and advised of state statute and left the scene.
- 8600 block of Terraceview Lane. Report of neighbors point guns at each other in driveway; on arrival officers found air soft guns lying in driveway. Parties were advised on city ordinance regarding guns.
- 7700 block of Yucca Lane. Report of dryer fire; on arrival officers found flames inside dryer that were put out with extinguisher. Fire department arrived and cleared officers.
- 7200 block of Polaris Lane. Report of dog left outside for over two hours in cold weather; officers made contact with homeowner who was not home and forgot about letting dog back in. Homeowner allowed officers to put in residence through unlocked rear door.
- 13900 block of 77th Avenue. Report of garage door open for whole day at neighbor’s residence. On arrival, garage door open as well as door into residence unlocked. No sign of burglary. Officers secured inside door and shut garage door.
- 12600 block of 82nd Avenue. Report of items stolen from unlocked vehicle in parking lot of business; no suspects at this time.
- 9200 block of Inland Lane. Report of oven fire; on arrival officer shut breaker off to oven and fire went out. Broken element caused fire. Fire department arrived and cleared officers.
- 9700 block of Ives Lane. Report of person crawling through a basement window; on arrival contact made with son of homeowner and his friend had crawled through the window.
- 16700 block of 94th Avenue. Report of license plate stolen off vehicle; officers learned that the missing plate had been used in a gas drive off without paying. No suspects at this time.
- 6800 block of Hemlock Lane. Report of items stolen from inside unlocked vehicle in business parking lot; no suspects at this time.
- 8300 block of Arrowwood Lane. Report of credit card payment taken out of mailbox and check cashed at nearby business; officers learned that a different agency had arrested parties with multiple stolen checks.
- 13000 block of Grove Drive. Report of person putting gas in vehicle and leaving without paying; officers learned that plate was stolen out of another city.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of shoplifting taking place at business; on arrival officers located suspect vehicle and arrested parties for theft.
- Area of Worden Park and Fish Lake. Report of person walking dog on lake when a round from gun ricocheted off a shed and onto the lake about 30 feet in front of person; officers made contact with suspect who finally admitted to shooting a C02 BB gun at his shed. Person verbally warned of ordinance.
During this time period there were eight medical incidents, 79 property damage traffic accidents, and seven property damage injury traffic accidents.