Truck and Sled, Burglary, Vehicle in Pond: MGPD Incident Report
Feb 16, 2016 07:10PM ● Published by Wendy Erlien
A synopsis of some incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department for the weeks of Jan. 29 through Feb. 4, 2016. Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
Information provided by Maple Grove Police Department.
- 101st Avenue and Maple Grove Parkway. Report of vehicle on fire. On arrival, vehicle burned and no one around. Officers learned vehicle was stolen out of Minneapolis. Case remains under investigation.
- Weaver Lake Boat Launch. Report of an unconscious person inside vehicle. On arrival, person conscious and waiting for friends who were ice fishing on lake. Driver was arrested for DWI.
- 13800 Grove Drive. Report of two adults sleeping inside a vehicle at a business. On arrival, officers made contact and found they were tired and had fallen asleep.
- County Road 30 and Forestview Lane. Officer flagged down by person on side of road and said that a vehicle had crashed and gone down embankment into retaining pond; officers made contact with driver who was not injured. Officers arrested driver for DWI.
- 6200 block of Eagle Lake Drive. Report of unattached garage on fire; on arrival garage fully engulfed. Fire department arrived and put out fire.
- 9300 block of Garland Lane. Report of someone damaging window, tires, and decal of vehicle in underground garage; officers investigating.
- 6500 block of Eagle Lake Drive. Report of a diesel truck idling for two days at construction site. On arrival, officers found truck running and contacted owner of vehicle. Officers were allowed to turn off running truck and advised owner of ordinance.
- 6200 block of Meadowlark Lane. Report of person taking taxi and not paying the fare; officers could not located parties on arrival.
- 16000 block of County Road 30. Report of a suspicious vehicle parked in lot of a closed bank; on arrival officers made contact with person who was using the Wi-Fi. No crime occurred.
- 14000 block of 75th Avenue. Report of suspects breaking into occupied residence; officers located suspects and arrested them for burglary.
- 8600 block of Comstock Lane. Report of person falling outside; on arrival officers, along with the fire department, assisted in getting person into residence. No injuries.
- 9900 block of 105th Place. Report of neighbor’s garage door open all day. On arrival, no fresh tracks in snow and door to residence locked. Officers closed door and secured.
- 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of person taking items from store without paying; on arrival of officers, suspect was located and arrested for theft.
- 8400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of pickup truck pulling a sled with people on it; on arrival officers made contact with parties. Advised they could not be doing that and they left the area.
During this time period there were 44 property damage traffic accidents, four medical incidents, and nine property damage injury traffic accidents.