Crimson Robotics Earn Chairman's Award at Regionals
Mar 14, 2016 08:26PM
● By Wendy Erlien
2016 Crimson Robotics (provided by Crimson Robotics/Osseo Area Schools)
Information provided by ISD 279 - Osseo Area Schools
The Maple Grove Senior High Crimson FIRST Robotics team was honored with the Chairman’s Award at the Lake Superior Regional competition. This is the highest honor achievable in FIRST Robotics. The award is presented to the team at each event that has made the biggest impact on its community, done the most to further STEM education, to help others, and to generally make the world a better place.
Out of a field of 63 teams, Crimson Robotics received this award for the work they have done to impact the world of robotics including:
- Starting robotics teams in all four of Osseo Area Schools’ middle schools.
- Helping reboot and mentor Park Center Senior High’s robotics team.
- Coordinating numerous robotics demonstration and events in the district’s elementary schools and delivering countless presentations including to groups such as the Cub Scouts.
- Running robotics summer camps
- Collaborating and mentoring many other robotics teams around the region.
The team advances to compete with their robot at the World Championship and be considered for the Championship Chairman’s Award. This year’s competition is titled, “Stronghold.” This medieval-themed challenge requires robots to cross a variety of obstacles and shoot dodge balls into goals in castle towers.
Editor's note: To read more about robotics -
The Maple Grove and Osseo robotics teams continue to grow in numbers - and positive experiences for students. Read More »
Team 2526: Chairman's Award Video (provided by Crimson Robotics / Osseo Area Schools)