Thefts, Medical Incidents, Mailboxes Hit: MGPD Incident Report
May 03, 2016 01:17PM
By Wendy Erlien
The following is a synopsis of several incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department for the week of April 17-23, 2016. Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
Information provided by Maple Grove Police Department.
- 7000 block of Willow Road. Report of vehicle stolen from driveway; officers later learned the vehicle was recovered in Onamia. No suspects at this time.
- 13000 block of 80th Circle North. Report of dog left in vehicle; on arrival dog not in distress, dog owner advised of ordinance. No charges at this time.
- 9000 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of person pushing cart full of items out of business without paying; officers arrived and arrested person for shoplifting.
- 6000 block of Magnolia Lane. Report of an open garage door at neighbors; on arrival nothing appeared out of the ordinary and nobody answered the door. Officers closed and secured door.
- 15000 block of Grove Circle. Report of water flowing out of vacant building; on arrival offices found broken pipe. Water shut off and property owners notified.
- 9000 block of 63rd Avenue. Report of person sitting in the woods behind reporting party’s house; officers made contact with two parties who were just enjoying nature. Told it was private property and they left. No crime occurred.
- 7000 block of Ranier Lane. Report of person in seizure; officers arrived and administered oxygen until paramedics transported person to hospital.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of two parties taking several items and leaving without paying for them; officers located suspects in their vehicle both arrested for shoplifting.
- 7000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of a person yelling and pounding on their garage door; on arrival officer’s located person lying in driveway who was intoxicated. Person transported to hospital by ambulance.
- 12000 block of Robin Road. Report of a person possibly having a stroke; on arrival got medical history and ambulance arrived for transport.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of items stolen from vehicle parked at business; no forced entry and no suspects at this time.
- 13000 block of Reimer Drive. Report of window being broken out of vehicle parked in business parking lot; nothing taken. No suspects at this time.
- 6000 block of Zinnia Lane. Report of person having trouble breathing; on arrival officers administered oxygen until paramedics arrived and cleared officers.
- 9000 block of Sawgrass Glen. Report of unoccupied vehicle parked in homeowner’s driveway for two hours; on arrival officer learned tow truck put vehicle in wrong driveway.
- 9000 block of Merrimac Lane. Report of a set of mailboxes being hit and knocked over; no suspects at this time.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of two suspects concealing items and leaving business without paying; officers issued suspects citations for shoplifting.
- 80th Avenue and Fish Lake Road. Report of bicyclist down in area; on arrival officers helped clean wounds before paramedics arrived for transport.
- 12000 block of Weaver Lake Road. Report of bicycle stolen officers later learned that the bike was put back. No suspects at this time.