Nerf Wars, Disturbance, Burglary: MGPD Incident Report
May 19, 2016 08:25PM
By Wendy Erlien
The following is a synopsis of several incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department for the week of May 1-7, 2016. Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
Information provided by Maple Grove Police Department.
- 8000 block of Main Street. Report of person falling; on arrival officers help person into a chair, noticed a cut on their leg. Ambulance arrived to check person out and cleared officers.
- 9000 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of person inside business making threats; on arrival officers located person and escorted him out of the business.
- 10000 block of Orleans Lane. Report of a child who swallowed a quarter; on arrival child appeared fine. Paramedics arrived and cleared officers.
- Tarleton Crest and Weaver Lake Road. Report of person having chest pains. Officers provided oxygen as they were having trouble breathing. Transported to hospital by ambulance.
- 7000 block of Merrimac Lane. Report of package stolen from front steps; no suspects, no witnesses.
- 6000 block of Everest Lane. Report of items stolen from shed in backyard; no suspects, no witnesses.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of person taking numerous items from store, leaving without paying; officer’s located suspect vehicle and arrested suspect for theft.
- 10000 block of Nathan Lane. Report of female in area yelling to call 911; on arrival officers could not locate female.
- 13000 block of Bass Lake Road. Report of person looking into vehicle parked in parking lot; on arrival officers learned juveniles playing prank on one of their friends.
- 10000 block of 69th Avenue. Report of person with heart problem history feeling ill; on arrival officers administered oxygen until paramedics arrived for transport.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of wallet stolen from inside purse while at business. No suspects at this time.
- 8000 block of Underwood Lane. Report of homeowner arriving home to find window broken and items taken from residence; on arrival officers had crime lab process the scene. No suspects.
- 13000 block of 88th Place. Report of people walking through yards and wearing dark clothing. Officers made contact with parties in a vehicle who stated they were playing “Nerf Wars”. Officers advised of complaint and parties left area.
- 12000 block of 92nd Avenue. Report of scratches all over vehicle parked in driveway; on arrival officers noticed scratches on vehicle. No suspects.
- 12000 block of Arbor Lakes Parkway. Report of window of vehicle smashed out and items stolen from inside; no suspects.
- 6000 block of Shadyview Lane. Report of lawn chairs stolen from porch; no suspects at this time.
- 8000 block of East Fish Lake Road. Forced entry into business, several items stolen. Investigation lead to suspect who was arrested for burglary.
- 6000 block of Polaris Lane. Report of two juveniles in “Ghillie Suits” in area; parties not located but possibly playing “Nerf War.”
this time period there were 37 property damage traffic accidents and three
property damage injury accidents.