Weekend West Metro Road Construction Impacts: May 27-May 30
May 27, 2016 06:59AM
● By Wendy Erlien
Traffic impacts in the Twin Cities for the weekend of May 27-30, 2016. (Graphic provided by Minnesota Department of Transportation)
Traveling through or around the west metro during Memorial Day weekend?
According to the Minnesota Department of Transportation, the following road construction projects will impact travel in the west metro Twin Cities as part of 2016 road projects.
While roadwork is done on northbound Interstate 494 (between I-94 and I-694 in Maple Grove and I-394 in Minnetonka), traffic will be moved to the southbound side of I-494.
Coming up overnight on Wednesday, June 1, travelers will be unable to access I-494 from I-694 and I-394 from 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m. Crews will begin creating the East Fish Lake Road bridge deck over I-494. The detour around the closure around will be I-694, Highway 169, I-394.he detour around the closure around will be I-694, Highway 169, I-394.
Highway 610 Project
Since April, Maple Grove Parkway has been closed for construction of the new interchange at Maple Grove Parkway and new alignment of Highway 610, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
The closure is anticipated to continue through end of October 2016.
Impacts of the closure, according to MnDOT:
- The parkway will be closed between County Road 81 and 99th Avenue North
- Traffic can reach businesses on 105th Avenue, south of County Road 81 as well as traffic north of 99th Avenue and west of Maple Grove Parkway
- Detours follow County Road 81, Fernbrook Lane North, and 99th Avenue North.
- County Road 81 will have occasional temporarily lane closures during the Highway 610 project
Highway 169 Project (New Hope)
Through mid-July, ramp closures at:
- Northbound Highway 169 to 49th Avenue
- Rockford Road to northbound Highway 169
Highway 169 Project (St. Louis Park)
At southbound Highway169 at 16th Street, the entrance ramp is closed.
Highway 101 and Highway 61 Project (Eden Prairie)
East of the County Highway 61/Highway 101 roundabout, Highway 61 is closed through Monday, May 30.
Editor's note: Additional road impacts statewide during Memorial Day weekend can be found here: http://www.511mn.org/