Suspicious Activity, Shots Heard, and Shoe Shoplifting: MGPD Incident Report
May 29, 2016 09:18AM ● Published by Wendy Erlien
The following is a synopsis of several incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department for the week of May 8-14, 2016. Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
Information provided by Maple Grove Police Department.
- 11000 block of Fountains Drive. Report of parked vehicle still running with keys in the ignition. Officer arrived, turned vehicle off and took keys. Contacted owner, keys returned.
- 8000 block of Vagabond Lane. Report of mailbox and post hit by vehicle; officers could not locate vehicle, photos taken of damage. No suspects.
- 9000 block of Dunkirk Lane. A report of an individual concealing items and running out of store without paying. On arrival officer located suspect vehicle, arrested the suspect and returned the property to the business.
- 9000 block of Garland Lane. Report of a vehicle parked in driveway with window broken out. Officers arrived, took pictures of damage, and learned of possible suspect.
- 8000 block of Main Street. When leaving the parking lot, the driver heard noise from tire of their car and found a nail in front and rear driver’s side tires. No suspects.
- 9000 block of Zanzibar Lane. Report of a person bicycling in a parking lot and looking into vehicles. On arrival, the officer could not find bicycler.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of person putting their old shoes in a box and putting on the new shoes, leaving store without paying; officers made contact with individual and arrested them for theft.
- 17000 block of 72nd Avenue. Person reporting a dog tied to fence post on bike path; officers impounded dog to locate owner.
- Interstate 94 and Maple Grove Parkway. Report of flames coming from vehicle; on arrival no flames observed no injuries. Vehicle towed.
- 7000 block of Dallas Lane. Report of person taking bike from yard; several witnesses indicated to officers the house the suspect went to. Suspect located, cited for the theft, bike returned.
- Area of Rice Lake. Report of shots heard in area; officers arrived, discovered fire pits and chairs, no persons located.
- 13000 block of Grove Drive. Report of vehicle partially blocking business entrance; arriving officers found individuals sleeping in a vehicle. After further investigation, individuals were arrested for narcotics.
- County Road 30 and Lawndale Lane. Report of grass fire; on arrival fire was out. Witness saw juveniles running from the area. Fire department arrived to assure fire would not reignite.
During this time period there were four medical incidents, 41 property damage traffic accidents and two property damage traffic injury accidents