Photos: Maple Grove Farmers Market 2016
Jul 05, 2016 11:11AM
● By Wendy Erlien
JB's Homemade Olive Salsa from Maple Grove at the June 30, 2016 Maple Grove Farmers Market.
Maple Grove Farmers Market 2016 [10 Images] Click Any Image To Expand
More than 40 vendors are available at the market, offering a variety of locally grown and made food items.
“For the first time, we’re thrilled to announce that our popular Power of Produce children’s club will be available for the full market season,” Maple Grove Farmers Market Manager Kirsten Bansen Weigle said before opening day.
The free PoP Club provides children, ages 4-12, with $2 each week to spend on fresh fruits and vegetables at the market.
What to Know
- Hours: 3-7 p.m. Thursdays, June - September; 3-6 p.m. October
- Products available include, but are not limited to, eggs, pork, beef, chicken, honey, maple syrup, locally grown produce and plant starts, sunflower oil, and canned goods. Artisan breads, specialty sauces and salsas, pierogis, and many more specialty food items round out the market’s offerings.
- Food trucks will offer ready-to-eat items, including crepes, grilled pork chops, grilled cheese, soup, and ice cream.
- Vendors accept cash. Credit, debit, and EBT cards may be used to purchase market tokens which are accepted throughout the market.
- As part of a grant from Hunger Solutions Minnesota, EBT customers will receive a match of up to $10 each week that they use their card to purchase market tokens. More information about the EBT matching program and a list of participating farmers markets is available athttp://www.hungersolutions.org/programs/market-bucks-2/
- Live music each Thursday (through September)
- Visit the market information booth for information about the Maple Grove Farmers Market rewards program, recipes, and more.
Find more events for the week of July 4-9, 2016 here:
Mark your calendars with events for the whole family July 4-July 9, 2016. Read More »