2016 Maple Grove Days Pierre Bottineau Parade
Jul 09, 2016 03:52PM ● Published by Wendy Erlien
(map provided by Maple Grove Community Organization)
Before heading to the 2016 parade on Thursday, July 14, here are a few items you might be interested in knowing:
- The parade starts at 6 p.m. Thursday, July 14 with political units, a World War II airplane flyover at 6:15 p.m. followed by the remaining parade units at 6:30 p.m.
- Parade route follows 89ths Avenue from Zachary Lane to Rice Lake Road.
- The following roads will be closed during the parade, according to the city of Maple Grove: Forestview Lane from 89th Avenue to County Road 30 closed from 5:45 p.m. to 9 p.m.; 89th Avenue from Elm Creek Boulevard to Zachary Lane closed from 6-9 p.m.; Zachary Lane from 85th Avenue to County Road 81 will be reduced from two lanes into one in each direction from 5:30 pm to 9 p.m.
- The 2016 Grand Marshal is Bob Burlingame. According to the Maple Grove Community Organization, Burlingame has been involved in a variety of capacities in Maple Grove from 1960 to 2014 from a resident, police officer and chief, mayor and the announcer for the Maple Grove Days Parade.
- The parade includes visiting royalty, floats, school
marching bands, youth groups, church groups, school organizations, community
organizations, businesses, police and fire vehicles, animals, musical groups
- Organizers of the Pierre Bottineau Parade ask attendees to "refrain from reserving viewing space before Thursday morning," according to the Maple Grove Community Organization website.
- Several bus transit routes are anticipated to be impacted by the parade. For details: http://www.maplegrovemn.gov/services/transit/rider-alerts-and-news/