Storm Damage, Medallion Search: MGPD Incident Report
Jul 24, 2016 06:04PM
● By Doug Erlien
The following is a synopsis of several incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department for the week of July 3 to July 9, 2016. Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson and theft can be found on the city website mapping section.
- Report of neighbor’s front door open and they were out of town at 9600 block of Vagabond Lane. Officers arrived, everything appeared fine and secured the residence.
- Report of person who fell and cut their head on 18000 block of 96th Avenue. On arrival officers assisted and person was transported to hospital by ambulance.
- Report of animal left in vehicle on 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Officers made contact with owner who was then cited.
- Report of person having stroke like symptoms on 16000 block of 92nd Avenue. On arrival, person was transported to hospital by ambulance.
- Report of person filling gas tank and leaving without paying on 13000 block of Bass Lake Road. Officer sent letter and received information that the vehicle had been sold. Follow up for charges.
- Report of neighbor’s garage door open on 8000 block of Cottonwood Lane. On arrival no one home. Officers secured door.
- Report of occupied vehicle parked in no parking zone for extended period of time at 13000 block of Maple Knoll Way. Officers made contact with person who was looking at clues for Maple Grove Days medallion.
- Report of trees that fell on vehicles in area on 13000 block of 80th Circle. Officers were able to free parties and get them to safety.
- Numerous calls for service regarding down wires, down trees and alarms going off. All calls related to storm in the area.
- Report of two girls missing on their bikes on 13000 block of Grove Drive. They were located a short way out of the city and fine.
- Report of theft inside store that totaled over $1,000 on 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Officers arrested person and released them to be charged by formal complaint.
- Report of person lying in the grass next to a bike on 14000 block of Weaver Lake Road. Officers made contact with person who was resting.
- Report of person having difficulty breathing with chest pains on 9200 block of Lawndale Lane. On arrival, officers provided oxygen and person was transported to hospital.
- Report of person that was stung by a bee, experiencing hives and difficulty breathing on 6400 block of Deerwood Lane. On arrival person was hyperventilating. Benadryl given and breathing slowed. Not transported.
- Report of person concealing items and leaving business without paying on 9400 block of Deerwood Lane. Person arrested for theft and released.
- Report of two persons cupping their hands and looking into residence and quickly left the scene at 6200 block of Fountains Lane. Report was made one week later.
- Report of person in parking lot looking into vehicle on 9600 Grove Circle. On arrival, person waiting for friend inside business and vehicle belonged to them.
- Report of theft of several items from locker at business as 12000 block of Weaver Lake Road. Case being investigated.
- Report of blacked out vehicle parked at end of cul de sac at 89th Avenue and Weston Lane. Spoke with occupants they were just talking. They were advised to go home.
- Report of possible broken bone from fall on 16000 block of County Road 30. On arrival officers were cleared by paramedics.
During this time period there were 33 property damage traffic accidents and two property damage injury traffic accidents.