Mud Slide, Burglary, Sleepy Student: MGPD Incident Report
Dec 18, 2016 10:52AM
By Wendy Erlien
File photo: Maple Grove Police Car
The following incidents occurred in Maple Grove Nov. 27 through Dec. 3, 2016, as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department.
- 15000 block of Grove Circle. Report of forced entry to business and safe missing; no suspects at this time.
- 9000 block of Norwood Lane. Report of generator running for six hours; officers contacted homeowner and advised of city ordinance.
- 18000 block of 69th Place. Report of person having trouble breathing; on arrival officer provided oxygen, medics transported to hospital.
- Hemlock Lane and I-694. Report of hill alongside bridge sliding on to roadway and blocking traffic; officers arrived and shut down a lane of traffic until MnDOT arrived to clear mud.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of infant in vehicle alone; officers contacted driver who was cited for no car seat and no insurance.
- 7000 block of Main Street. Report of wallet stolen from purse hanging on back of chair; a credit card was used in another city. No suspects at this time.
- 8000 block of Revere Lane. Report of person having seizure; officers assisted until ambulance arrived for transport.
- 17000 block of 68th Avenue. Report of wallet stolen from unlocked vehicle parked in driveway overnight; no suspects at this time.
- 13000 block of Grove Drive. Officers were in area of business, observed parties walk out of store with a loaded suitcase and put it in the trunk of a vehicle; officer made traffic stop on the vehicle with no plates and arrested parties for theft.
- 13000 block of Grove Drive. Report of paint sprayer stolen from business; no suspects at this time.
- 6000 block of Ithaca Lane. Report of eggs thrown at vehicle parked in driveway with damage done to clear coat of paint; pictures of damage will be forwarded to reporting officer. No suspects at this time.
- Hemlock Lane and I-694. Officer made traffic stop of vehicle with illegal window tint and arrested driver for false information and driving without a valid driver’s license.
- 11000 block of Fountains Drive. Report of person walking in business parking lot pulling on vehicle doors; officers contacted individual who would not admit to doing anything illegal and left the area.
- 6000 block of Jonquil Lane. Report of fire alarm in residence and smell of smoke; officers arrived, noted that dimmer switch blew in outlet. Fire department cleared officers.
- 13000 block of 83rd Way. Report of person inside business cursing and yelling and would not leave; officers contacted party who then left the business without incident.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of two people standing outside business after hours; officers made contact, arrested one individual for three outstanding warrants.
- 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of party taking flat screen TV and walking out of business without paying; officers arrived and arrested party for theft.
- 13000 block of Grove Drive. Report of vehicle parked at business for multiple hours; officers contacted nursing student who had eaten there and fell asleep.
- 15000 block of Weaver Lake Road. Report of juveniles behind school on baseball field with a small fire going; officers arrived and had juveniles put out campfire and leave area.
- 6000 block of Ives Lane. Report of loud party outside on deck; officers arrived and party now inside who were told of complaint. They advised they would keep noise level down.
this time period, there were 36 property damage traffic accidents and three
property damage injury traffic accidents.