Suspicious Activity, Stolen Vehicle, Welfare Check: MGPD Incident Report
Dec 27, 2016 07:57PM
● By Wendy Erlien
File photo: Maple Grove Police Car
The following incidents occurred in Maple Grove Dec. 4-10 2016, as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department.
- Troy Lane and 83rd Avenue. Report of male stumbling down road; officer located person who was intoxicated; party went to hospital on hold.
- 11000 block of 80th Avenue. Reported smell of marijuana coming from inside building; officers did not locate source.
- 9000 block of Ranchview Lane. Report of graffiti drawings; no suspects at this time.
- County Road 30 and I-94. Officer conducted traffic stop, vehicle with no front plate, expired rear tab; contact with party who was arrested for warrants.
- 11000 block of Fountains Way. Report of wallet and cash stolen out of purse hanging on back of chair at business; officer conducting following up.
- 6000 block of Quantico Lane. Report of a person standing on front steps of residence and then leaving; officers did not locate person in the area.
- 13000 block of Grove Drive. Report of elderly person outside and not dressed properly for the weather conditions; officers contacted person, who lived in senior housing, who was picked up by staff.
- 6400 block of Urbandale Lane. Report of damage done to mailbox and driveway markers stolen; no suspects.
- 18000 block of 65th Place. Report of person who did not arrive home after an appointment; party located in another county safe.
- 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of party concealing items and leaving business without paying for them; officers arrived and arrested party for the theft.
- 12000 block of 94th Avenue. Report of light bulb taken from exterior light inside privacy fence; extra patrol requested.
- 8000 block of Main Street. Report of person by pond trying to catch ducks with net; officers contacted Wildlife Rescue for an injured duck.
- 9000 block of Comstock Lane – report of person climbing through window at neighbor’s residence; officers contacted brother of owner who was picking up property, but locks were changed. No crime occurred.
- 12000 block of 82nd Avenue. Report of two vehicles broken into and items taken while parked in business parking lot; no suspects at this time.
- 101st Avenue and Zachary Lane. Report of vehicle going off road, hitting light pole; officers found vehicle unoccupied. Contact made with driver at the residence, who was arrested for DWI.
- Hemlock Lane and Main Street. Officer conducted traffic stop on vehicle with broken windshield. Contact with parties inside vehicle were arrested for drugs and no valid driver’s license.
- Weaver Lake Park Playfield. Report of vehicle pulling into lot with no lights on and parked by wooded area; officers contacted party waiting to start construction job in area.
- 7500 block of Vinewood Court. Report of several juveniles who arrived at residence and broke out back window of vehicle in garage; officer following up on possible suspects.
- 16000 block of 96th Avenue. Vehicle parked in parking lot of business, running with keys in ignition was stolen; no suspects at this time.
- 6000 block of Fish Lake Road. Report of rear windshield smashed while parked
- 18000 block of 96th Avenue. Report of vehicle parked in closed business parking lot; officers located unoccupied vehicle with jumper cables inside and notified reporting party.
- 13000 block of 80th Circle. Report of jacket, keys and debit card stolen while playing game inside business; no suspect at this time.
- 9400 block of Lancaster Lane. Resident saw motion light come on, went outside and found unknown person crouched down behind garage and then ran off; officers did not locate male in area.
- Highway 169 and I-94. Report of vehicle swerving all over road; officers located vehicle parked at business with person sleeping inside. Party was arrested for DWI.
There were 42 property damage traffic accidents and seven
property damage injury traffic accidents.