Burglary, Parking Lesson, Stolen Wallets: MGPD Incident Report
Jan 05, 2017 10:22AM
● By Wendy Erlien
File photo: Maple Grove Police Car
The following synopsis of incidents occurred in Maple Grove Dec. 18-24, 2016, as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department.
- 8700 block of Peony Lane. Report of a vehicle alarm sounding for extended amount of time. Officers located vehicle and removed fuse on defective horn for owner.
- Highway 169 and Highway 610. Traffic complaint, report of person driving all over the road. Officers located vehicle and stopped it for lane violation, driver arrested for DWI.
- 11000 block of 65th Place. Report of vehicle parked in driveway that had been egged; no damage to paint, no suspects.
- Arbor Lakes Parkway and Hemlock Lane. Report of locks cut on containers at construction site; no suspects, nothing was taken.
- 11000 block of Fountains Way. Four individuals ate their meals, then left without paying. Police are investigating possible suspect.
- 18000 block of 67th Lane. Report of several juveniles in park after closing. Officers contacted the group playing hockey and were asked to leave.
- 15000 block of 95th Avenue. Report of employee seeing person going through a patient’s belongings. Officers contacted the individual who thought it was lost property and was going to turn it into lost and found. Nothing missing.
- 16000 block of 96th Avenue. Report of person coming into store on multiple occasions and concealing items and leaving without paying. Officer is investigating possible suspect.
- 6200 block of Quinwood Lane. Report of items stolen from unlocked vehicle parked in business parking lot. No suspects at this time.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of wallet stolen from person inside business, suspect fled. Officers found suspect, who was arrested for theft and warrants.
- 9000 block of 94th Place. Report of someone entering backyard and going into garage and taking items from inside vehicle; no suspect at this time.
- 10000 block of 94th Avenue. Report of suspect entering garage, taking items from inside vehicle. Officers located footprints in snow leading to backyard and neighbor’s residence. No suspect at this time.
- 7000 block of Main Street. While on routine patrol, officers noticed suspicious activity. Officers conducted traffic stop on vehicle without license plates and several suspects were arrested for theft.
- 9000 block of Lancaster Lane. Report of unconscious person. On arrival individual was conscious. Paramedics arrived and cleared officers.
- I-94 and Highway 610. Report of vehicle fire, occupant was out of vehicle. Officers arrived with fire department, fire extinguished. Extensive damage to vehicle engine compartment.
- 11000 block of 64th Avenue. Reported of a vehicle that drove into garage door; officer arrived, garage door was laying on top of two vehicles parked in garage. There were tire tracks through snowbank up to garage. No suspects at this time.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of wallet stolen from a purse left in shopping cart. No suspects at this time.
- I-494 and I-94. Officers received a complaint of a vehicle driving erratically. Officers made contact with the vehicle with expired tabs and driver arrested for narcotics.
- 15000 block of Elm Road. Report of items stolen from unlocked vehicle parked in driveway overnight; no suspects at this time.
- 11000 block of Fountains Way. Report of three suspects ordering meals and running out of business without paying. Possible suspect being followed up on.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of items stolen out of unlocked vehicle in business parking lot. Possible suspect being investigated.
- 15000 block of Grove Circle. Report of force entry into business and safe open with cash missing. No suspects at this time.
- 18800 block of 67th Avenue. Report of suspicious vehicle pulling in and out of parking spaces at location for 30 minutes. Officers made contact with father giving parking lessons to son.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of window being smashed out of vehicle in parking lot and items stolen from inside. Officer following up on suspect information.
this time period there were 55 property damage traffic accidents and four
property damage injury traffic accidents