Water Emergency, Animal Rescue, Vehicle Fires: Maple Grove Fire Department Incident Report
Jun 09, 2017 05:02AM ● Published by Wendy Erlien
(photo by Maple Grove Voice)
The following is a synopsis of incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Fire Department for May 2017.
- 8000 block of Jefferson Highway. Dispatched to report of vehicle fire in parking lot of vehicle auction business, arrived to fully engulfed vehicle. Unable to ID vehicle due to fire damage, appears to be a Dodge Ram four door pickup with attached vehicle transport trailers. Extinguished fire and cleared.
- Weaver Lake Road North and Jefferson Highway. Assist police or other governmental agency.
- 18600 block of 63rd Avenue North. Burnt food.
- 12400 block of 73rd Avenue North. Strange odor/smell.
- Eagle Lake boat launch. Dispatched to water emergency on Eagle Lake. A person in kayak tipped and lost paddle, motor, and fishing gear. Launched Zodiac boat from Rescue 11, got party into the Zodiac, and brought victim and kayak to shore. Victim checked out by North Memorial Ambulance.
- 15600 block of Grove Circle North. Dispatched to possible electrical transformer on fire. Arrived on scene to find smoldering wood chips adjacent to ground transformer. Put water on fire to extinguish.
- Highway 610 and Maple Grove Parkway. Dispatched to report of vehicle accident resulting in vehicle fire. Arrived to find fully involved vehicle. Appears vehicle had struck highway bridge at high speed and caught fire. Fire spread to vegetation. Extinguished by E-41. Stood by on scene to assist State Patrol and Medical Examiner.
- 6200 block of Magnolia Lane North. Unauthorized burning.
- Highway 610 and Maple Grove Parkway. Passenger vehicle fire.
- 9700 block of Xenium Lane North. Steam, vapor, fog or dust thought to be smoke.
- 16000 block of Territorial Road. Brush or brush-and-grass mixture fire.
- 9400 block of Trenton Lane North. Unauthorized burning - no permit.
- 12700 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Dispatched to report of small fire in wood chips in landscaped area. Extinguished.
- 11700 block Fountains Way. Odor/smell of gas.
- 14945 95th Avenue North. Gas leak.
- 7600 block of Inland Lane North. Burnt food.
- 12900 block of 63rd Avenue North Burnt food.
- 15300 block of Elm Road. Brush or brush-and-grass mixture fire.
- 8700 block of Monticello Lane North. Water or steam leak.
- 9300 block Garland Lane North. Smoke or odor removal.
- 9100 block of Underwood Lane North. Dispatched to retrieve five ducklings from storm drain.
- 10700 block of Zopfi Way East. Carbon monoxide incident.
- Elm Creek near 14280 96th Avenue. Swimming/recreational water areas rescue.
- 8300 block of Goldenrod Lane North. Odor/smell of gas.
- Westbound I-94 near Maple Grove Parkway. Assist police or other governmental agency.
- 9800 block of Hospital Drive. Burnt food.
- 9600 block of Grove Circle North. Strange odor/smell.
- 15300 block of 96th Place North. Odor/smell of gas.
- 7899 Main Street North. Burnt food.
- 21200 block of County Road 50 in Corcoran. Mutual aid assist to Loretto and Rogers Fire Department for attached garage fire.
- Gentilly Park. Dispatched to report of fire in wood chip mulch on fire in city park. Fire out when fire department arrived.
- 13800 block of 78th Avenue North. Unauthorized burning.
- 9220 Zanzibar Lane North. Burnt food.
- 16200 block of 105th Avenue North. Gas leak.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Dispatched to small fire in landscape mulch. Fire extinguished.
- 11900 block of Central Park Way North. Dispatched to report of trash container burning outside of door at apartment complex. Maple Grove Police Department used a fire extinguisher to put out most of fire. Engine slowed to routine. Used booster line to wet down surrounding area. No other information as to cause or events prior to fire department being dispatched.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Natural vegetation fire.
- 119010 block of Central Park Way North. Dumpster or other outside trash receptacle fire.