Maple Grove Days Medallion Hunt – Clue 3 (2017)
Jun 19, 2017 06:58AM
● By Wendy Erlien
Photo provided by Maple Grove Community Organization
It's week two of the 2017 Maple Grove Days Medallion Hunt! The annual event officially started Monday, June 5.
Before you set out to search in Maple Grove, make sure to read the official rules and details set by the Maple Grove Community Organization (below). A new clue is published each week on the Maple Grove Days website, Facebook, Twitter and several local media publications – including Maple Grove Voice.
The third, second, and first clue and official rules are below:
Gretzky, Favre, Pele, Maurer, McEnroe
This is a great place for them to do their moves.
No Fishing or grilling to get your filling.
The grass is green between the line
But don't let that be your define
Much is played here
But not late in the year...
Maple Grove Days is near, but don’t you fear.
The medallion is now hidden in a Maple Grove park.
The match to find the medallion is on.
The cost to play is a $3.00 for Maple Grove days button.
The contest requires no Shovel, Climbing, or night light for sight.
500 reasons to keep your eye on the prize,
If not it will double in size!
Be the first to find the 2017 Maple Grove Days Medallion (5”x5” bronze colored, maple-leaf shaped) and win the $500 prize. Clues begin June 5 and run through July 13 (unless the medallion is found).
To determine whether the medallion has been found, call 763-494-5956 daily.
Contest guidelines and rules, according to the Maple Grove Community Organization, are as follows:
- In order to claim the prize, the searcher(s) must have purchased a $3 Maple Grove Days Button. The buttons are available for sale at the Maple Grove Community Center or from Maple Grove Ambassador Candidates. Proceeds benefit the Maple Grove Ambassador Program.
- The Medallion will be found on a city of Maple Grove park land area.
- No digging will be necessary.
- No climbing will be necessary.
- No disassembly will be required to find the Medallion, including irrigation heads, light fixtures and park equipment.
- Searchers must not deface public property or otherwise violate laws. Park hours are 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Searchers assume all risk for personal injury.
- No employees or the family members of the City of Maple Grove, Maple Grove Voice, Sun Publications or members or their family members of the Maple Grove Community Organization are eligible to win.
- The winner’s name will be announced Saturday, July 15 at the Maple Grove Days festival.
- Taxes due on the prize winnings are the responsibility of the winner.
- If the Medallion is not found by 11 p.m. Thursday, July 13, the hunt will terminate and the money will roll to the next year.
- The decisions of the Maple Grove Community Organization are final.
Searchers are asked to adhere to the guidelines and rules to ensure the safety and respect of all. The Maple Grove Days Medallion Hunt is sponsored by the Maple Grove Community Organization and The Lookout Bar and Grill.