Five Tips for Traveling to the Maple Grove Days Parade 2017
Jul 08, 2017 06:32PM ● Published by Wendy Erlien
File photo: Maple Grove Days Parade 2016 (Photo by Maple Grove Voice)
Before heading to the 2017 parade on Thursday, July 13, here are five tips for traveling to watch the parade:
- The parade starts at 6 p.m. Thursday, July 13 with political units, a vintage plane flyover at 6:15 p.m. followed by the remaining parade units at 6:30 p.m.
- Parade route follows 89th Avenue from Zachary Lane to Elm Creek Boulevard. Several roads along the parade route will be closed for the parade, according to the city of Maple Grove: Forestview Lane from 89th Avenue to County Road 30 closed from 5:45 p.m. until 9 p.m.; 89th Avenue from Elm Creek Boulevard to Zachary Lane closed from 6-9 p.m.; Zachary Lane from 85th Avenue to County Road 81 will be reduced from two lanes into one in each direction from 5:30 pm to 9 p.m.
- The 2017 Grand Marshal is the Maple Grove Rotary organization.
- The parade includes local and visiting royalty, floats, school marching bands, youth groups, church groups, school organizations, community organizations, businesses, police and fire vehicles, animals, musical groups and more.
- Organizers of the Maple Grove Days Parade ask attendees to "refrain from reserving viewing space before Thursday morning," according to the Maple Grove Community Organization website, and to keep children out of the roadway and at the curb edge.