Injured Birds, Attempted Burglary, Thefts: Maple Grove Police Department Incident Report
Aug 01, 2017 05:37AM, Published by Wendy Erlien, Categories: Police+Fire
File photo: Maple Grove Police Car
Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
- 11600 block of 97th Avenue. Report of loud party. Officer made contact with homeowner, advised of complaint, and was cooperative.
- 11800 block of Fountains Way. Report of a person injured in the pool. Individual transported to hospital for further care.
- 8400 block of Rice Lake Road. Report of injured bicyclist on path. Officers responded and found individual with head injury. Transported to hospital for further care.
- 9500 block of Blackoaks Lane. Report of disorderly customer, who verbally argued about order. Person gone on officer’s arrival, no charges.
- 15700 block of 92nd Place. Report of unlocked vehicles parked in driveway ransacked overnight and wallet, jewelry, and electronics stolen.
- 12200 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of shoplifting that had occurred involving three individuals who worked together to steal items from retail store.
- 6200 block of Peony Lane. Report of carbon monoxide alarm at residence. Officers and fire department responded, it was found that a vehicle had accidentally been left running in garage. There was no harm to family members and the house was ventilated.
- 12500 block of 92nd Place. Report of golf clubs stolen overnight from trunk of unlocked vehicle parked in driveway.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Officer conducted traffic stop for equipment violation. Driver attempted to conceal stolen items taken from retail store, confirmed by employees. Passenger had active warrant, both individuals arrested.
- 8100 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of an injured loon. Officer responded and transported the bird to the animal rehabilitation center for treatment.
- 9500 block of Upland Lane. Report of disruptive person at place of business. Officer responded, issued individual trespass notice, who left without incident.
- 15000 block of Grove Circle. Report of theft in progress. Officer responded, suspect was arrested for shoplifting and possession of controlled substance.
- 16000 Block of 86th Avenue. Report of vehicle stolen from driveway, no suspects.
- 11600 block of Lakeland Drive. Report of locks cut off of storage units and doors left standing open. Officer conducting follow-up with owners to see if items were stolen.
- 14000 block of 80th Avenue. Report of attempted
burglary. Home alarm system triggered, there was no apparent damage or items
missing, follow-up being conducted.
16000 block of 92nd Avenue. Report of skill saw stolen from vehicle overnight; window was broken to gain access.
- 10000 block of Orleans Lane. Report of injured woodpecker in homeowner’s yard. Officer transported the bird to the Wildlife Rehab Center for care.
- 7500 Block of Fish Lake Road. Report of intoxicated male walking down the road. Officer made contact and found individual had consumed alcohol but was capable of making their way home unassisted.
During this time period there were 26 property damage traffic accidents and one property damage injury traffic accident.