Trespassing, Scaffolding Fall, Shoplifting: Maple Grove Police Incident Report
Aug 29, 2017 09:38PM ● Published by Wendy Erlien
The following synopsis of incidents occurred in Maple Grove Aug. 13-19, 2017, as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department.Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
- 9400 block of Union Terrace. Report of injured heron in backyard. Officer responded and transported bird to wildlife rehabilitation center for further care.
- 9300 block of Ranchview Lane. Report of stolen vehicle, key fob was left in vehicle. Officers responded, car recovered and an adult male arrested.
- 6500 block of Merrimac Lane. Report of stolen bicycle. Officers responded and follow-up investigation is being conducted.
- 400 block of West Eagle Lake Drive. Report of an individual who had fallen off scaffolding. Officers responded and assisted until ambulance arrived to transport individual to hospital for further care.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of shoplifting. Officers found suspect in parking lot, individual was arrested.
- 9200 block of Inland Lane. Reports of separate theft from autos. Officers responded, two arrested for theft from auto and false information.
- 17000 block of 93rd Place. Report of motor
vehicle tampering. Car owner found car unlocked and items gone through.
Officers responded, no suspects.
12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of females shoplifting children’s clothing and left store; officers responded and were unable to locate suspects.
- 11000 block of 84th Place. Report of car window
broken out, no suspects.
15000 block of Grove Circle. Report of shoplifting, officers responded, suspect arrested.
- 9200 block of Rosewood Lane. Report of trespassing at construction site. Officers responded, two juveniles arrested for trespass, underage drinking and fleeing from police.
- 9800 block Magda Drive. Report of smoke in a residence. Officers and fire department responded. A towel was placed over a lamplight and was smoldering. Fire used fans to clear out residence.
- 6000 block of Eagle Lake Drive. Report of suspicious vehicle in cul-de-sac. Two adults were sleeping as they were too tired to drive.
- 12000 block of 82nd Avenue. Report of juveniles walking through the neighborhood causing disturbances, resident requested extra patrol in area.
- Elm Creek Boulevard and Main Street. Report of drunk driver in construction zone. Officer responded, stopped vehicle. One male arrested DWI.
- 9000 block of Deerwood Lane. Report of intoxicated female trying to start fights. Officer responded, female was given a ride home by a Lyft driver.
- 11000 block of 91st Avenue. Report of catalytic convertor being removed from vehicle. Officer responded, no suspects.
- 10000 block of 85th Avenue. Report of theft of
speakers from auto. Officer and Hennepin County Crime Lab responded to collect
fingerprints and DNA swabs. No suspects.
9000 block of Holly Lane. Report of stolen iPhone. Officer responded, there are no suspects.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of theft of clothing items. Officer responded, there are no suspects.
- Highway 169 and I-694. Report of a property damage accident, Officer responded and found one of the parties to be intoxicated. Subject was arrested for DWI and careless driving.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of stolen bike. Officer responded. Complainant advised bike was hidden in bushes and not locked when stolen. No suspects.
- 13000 block of Grove Drive. Report of ex-employee making threats and breaking things. Officers responded, suspect had left prior to their arrival. Suspect was later contacted by phone and served a trespass notice.
- 10000 block of Lancaster Lane. Report of someone entering an unlocked car, nothing taken but suspect had used garage door opener in car to open garage door. Officers responded, no suspects.
- 9000 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of shoplifting. Officer responded. Suspect has been identified, currently under investigation.
- Elm Creek Boulevard and Hemlock Lane North. Traffic stop made by officer. Driver of vehicle was found to be intoxicated, arrested for DWI.
- 13000 block of 96th Place. Report of chocolate
being left on ground for dogs to eat. Officers responded, no suspects.
12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of individual stealing shirts by putting them in bag. Suspects were identified, investigation continues.
- 73rd Place and Fish Lake Road. Report of intoxicated person walking in roadway. Officer responded, person was taken home to a sober party.
- 13000 block of 80th Circle. Report of skimming devices on ATM and/or gas pump. Person reporting stated debit card had been fraudulently used. Case under investigation.
During this time period there were 27 property damage traffic accidents and two property damage injury traffic accidents.