Burglary, Stolen Trailer, Dancer: Maple Grove Police Incident Report
Sep 25, 2017 05:00AM
● By Wendy Erlien
File photo: Maple Grove Police Car
The following synopsis of incidents occurred in Maple Grove Sept. Sept. 10-16, 2017, as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department
Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
- 16000 block of 107th Avenue. Report of dirt bikes or motorcycles driving in the street. Officer made contact with a group of people at a bonfire who stated they had been using four-wheelers earlier and would keep the noise level down.
- 11900 block of 71st Place. Report of intoxicated person banging on homeowner’s door; officer made contact and assisted the party in finding their own residence.
- 15300 block of 67th Place. Report of two vehicles parked in driveway broken into; a small amount of money taken and no damage to vehicles.
- 13000 block of Timber Crest Drive. Report of individual yelling for help inside residence; officer made contact and found it was a child playing video games.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of two people taking merchandise and running from store; follow-up investigation being conducted.
- 9000 block of Zachary Lane. Report of a trailer stolen from business and was recovered in another jurisdiction.
- 8400 block of Rice Lake Road. Report of individual who had fallen, officers responded to assist; no injuries.
- 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of a shoplifter; officers arrived, person arrested for misdemeanor theft.
- I-94 & Weaver Lake Road. Report of person walking along freeway. Officers made contact with person, who became lost while on a walk. Person transported home.
- 9100 block of Comstock Lane. Report of recovered mail in yard of home. Officers responded and found there were several different addresses involved; case under investigation.
- Hemlock Lane & I-694. Report of person lying on the boulevard. Officers responded and found intoxicated individual. Person transported to their residence.
- 11700 block of Red Fox Drive. Report of windows broken on two vehicles parked in driveway; no suspects.
- 12500 block of 73rd Avenue. Report of a snapping turtle in homeowner’s yard. Officer responded and transported it to nearby park.
- 12700 block of Bass Lake Road. Report of unknown person dancing around behind the business; officers responded, did not locate person. Advised to report further activity.
- I-94 & Boone Avenue. Officer conducted traffic stop; made contact with driver, who was intoxicated and arrested for DWI.
- Gleason Fields. Officer on patrol made contact with two occupants of vehicle in park after hours. The individuals were cited for possession of marijuana.
- 9500 block of Upland Lane. Report of individual being disorderly and threatening at place of business. Officer made contact, calmed person down, who then left business.
- 11800 block of 73rd Avenue. Report of vehicle window broken while parked in parking lot.
- 13300 block of Grove Drive. Report of suspicious person in parking lot of business. Officer made contact, individual found to be the manager of the evening cleaning crew.
- 15300 block of Grove Circle. Report of person shoplifting at multiple retail stores. individual was trespassed and arrested for felony theft.
- 6300 block of Quinwood Lane. Report of vehicle in apartment parking lot on several occasions with person sleeping in vehicle. Officer made contact and advised vehicle occupant to move along.
- 6300 block of Wedgewood Road. Report of erratic driving on roadway. Vehicle exited, hit curb causing a flat tire, and then pulled into business parking lot. Officer made contact, driver found to be having a diabetic reaction. Ambulance responded, party was treated at the scene.
- 8500 block of Underwood Lane. Report of laptop stolen overnight from car parked in garage in which garage door was possibly left open. No suspects.
- 13300 block of 85th Avenue. Report of small amount of money stolen from unlocked vehicle parked in driveway overnight.
- 17800 block of 77th Avenue. Report of two juveniles who had biked by residence and threw fireworks. Officers responded, did not locate suspects; no damage to house or yard.
- 14600 block of 95th Avenue. Report of individual sleeping on the front steps of home. Officers made contact; found individual was unable to be cared for and was transported by ambulance to hospital.
- 11300 block of 82nd Place. Report of Samsung tablet stolen overnight from unlocked vehicle parked in driveway of residence.
- 12400 block of 87th Avenue. Report of wallet taken overnight from vehicle parked in garage; apparently overhead door was left open. Fraudulent activity was reported on the stolen credit cards; case under investigation.
During this time period there were 31 property damage traffic accidents and five property damage injury traffic accidents.