Unruly Customer, Laser Pointer, Apple Throwing: Maple Grove Police Incident Report
Oct 08, 2017 12:42PM
● By Wendy Erlien
(photo by Maple Grove Voice)
The following synopsis of incidents occurred in Maple Grove Sept. 24-30, 2017, as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department.
Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
- 7600 block of Zinnia Way. Report of suspicious vehicle parked in driveway. Officer made contact, it was the driver’s residence, who was having a conversation with the passenger in the vehicle.
- 12600 block of Arbor Lakes Parkway. Report of intoxicated female leaving restaurant. Officer responded, the female was arrested for DWI.
- 17600 block of 68th Place. Report of vehicle speeding through neighborhood, officer advised cooperative driver about concerns regarding safety.
- 13800 block of 67th Avenue. Report of wallet with contents and miscellaneous items stolen from vehicle parked at residence.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of merchandise stolen from retail store and suspects fled in vehicle. Case under investigation.
- 12500 block of 86th Place. Report of broken eggs left inside mailbox and plastic forks stuck in homeowner’s yard.
- 12200 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of two females leaving store with unpaid merchandise. Officer located the suspects who were arrested for misdemeanor theft and possession of shoplifting gear.
- 8700 block of Blackoaks Lane. Report of several gift cards stolen overnight from vehicle parked in garage, no suspects
- 8500 block of Shadow Creek. Report of suspicious person walking through neighborhood and looking in mailboxes. Officer responded but was unable to locate the male, advised to call if person returns or anything suspicious.
- 7200 Block of Forestview Lane. Report of unruly customer. Officer contacted customer and advised them they needed to leave; customer issued a trespass notice. Staff to call back if further issues.
- 7300 block of Kirkwood Court. Report of vehicle stolen from parking lot, the vehicle was recovered, but damaged in another jurisdiction. Case under investigation.
- 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of a shoplifter in custody at retail store. Officer responded and found individual had concealed merchandise and left store without paying. Suspect arrested for misdemeanor theft.
- 6300 block of Cheshire Lane. Report of a suspicious vehicle driving slowly through the neighborhood. Officer made contact and the vehicle was being driven by an individual learning to drive.
- 13000 block of 83rd Way. Report of unwanted customer blocking drive-thru at restaurant, due to argument with staff. Officer responded and informed individual to leave, which they complied.
- 6200 block of Eagle Lake Drive. Report of person unconscious, but breathing. Officer responded and found party had been drinking and fallen asleep, no further assistance necessary.
- I-494 & I-94. Report of a laser-pointing incident involving an airplane. Officers responded and were unable to locate the source of the laser.
- 9800 block of Hospital Drive. Report of checkbook stolen from unlocked vehicle in parking lot. Officer made contact and found that suspect had attempted to cash several checks. Case under investigation.
- 8400 block of Forestview Lane. Report of bicycle stolen from front yard, no suspect.
- 9900 block of 106th Place. Report of garbage can stolen from curb, no suspect information.
- 11800 block of Fountains Way. Report of former employee causing a disturbance and left threatening note on manager’s car. Officer contacted the suspect and advised the individual not to return.
- 63rd Avenue & Highway 169. Officer noted a vehicle on the shoulder with hazards on. Contact was made with occupant who stated girlfriend had left the vehicle following an argument and was walking along the shoulder. Officer returned the female to the vehicle, nothing criminal, no further issues, parties left the area.
- Weaver Lake Road and Fish Lake Road. Officer observed erratic driving and contacted driver of vehicle. Driver arrested for 3rd Degree DWI.
- 12700 block of 88th Place. Report of loud music. Officer responded and found marching band playing outside on the deck. Contacted the homeowner who had cleared it with his neighbors but stated he would move the band into his garage if causing a disturbance to others.
- 75th Avenue & Lawndale Lane. Report of a car struck by an apple, resulting in a dent in the doorframe; officer checked the area, no suspect.
- 15500 block of Territorial Road. Report of rock thrown through window of vehicle and multiple pieces of camera equipment and laptop stolen; case under investigation.
During this time there were 30 property damage traffic accidents and seven property damage injury traffic accidents.