Counterfeit Money, Coyote, Fight: MGPD Incident Report
Oct 24, 2017 07:53PM
● By Wendy Erlien
The following synopsis of incidents occurred in Maple Grove Oct. 8-14, 2017, as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department.
Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
- 8900 block of Vinewood Lane. Report of an injured male sitting on the curb. Officer responded the male had fallen, ambulance arrived and transported him for further care.
- Elm Creek Boulevard and Hemlock Lane. Report of erratic driver on roadway. Officer made contact with individual, who was arrested for DWI and possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle.
- 6500 block of Eagle Lake Drive. Report of checks stolen from mailbox, the individual attempted to cash checks; incident under investigation.
- 12500 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of male asleep inside of business. Officer responded and was able to wake the individual who then called for a ride, leaving the premise.
- 12200 block of 62nd Avenue. Report of stolen laptop computer. Officer made contact and found that an individual who had stayed at the residence was a suspect. Case under investigation.
- 8100 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of three females assaulting a male inside of business. Officer responded and found the females had left the area and the intoxicated male did not wish to pursue charges and had called for a ride.
- 67th Avenue and Wedgewood Court. Report of large
coyote in the area. Officer responded and observed it run into a wooded area,
incident referred to DNR.
15600 block of Tarleton Crest. Report of person having a heart attack. Officer responded and administered oxygen and ambulance arrive, transporting individual to hospital for further care.
- 16000 block of 96th Avenue. Report of intoxicated male in the parking lot of business. Officer responded and individual requested ambulance transport to hospital for care.
- Elm Creek Boulevard and Revere Lane. Officer conducted traffic stop on erratic driver. The suspect was arrested for third degree DWI.
- 14800 block of 64th Place. Report of individual who had fallen. Officer responded and found individual was not injured but needed assistance. No medical attention necessary.
- Elm Creek Boulevard and Main Street. Officer conducted a
traffic stop on individual driving without headlights in the dark. Suspect was arrested for second degree DWI.
12900 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of trespassing complaint. Officer responded to business where reporting party stated an individual was inside, who had previously shoplifted, officer issued trespass notice to suspect.
- 11900 block of Central Park Way. Report of domestic. Officer responded and found an argument had occurred but nothing physical; one of the parties left the residence for the night.
- 11900 block of 91st Avenue. Report of loud music
coming from garage. Officer advised homeowner of complaint who was cooperative.
Highway 610 and I-94. Report of vehicle fire. Officer arrived on scene and found passengers had escaped safely. Fire department assisted in putting out the flames.
- 12400 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of cellular telephone stolen from business; incident under investigation.
- 13800 block of Grove Drive. Report of bicycle stolen from front of business. No suspect information.
- 11300 block of Fountains Drive. Report of females stealing several items from store, incident is under investigation.
- 12100 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of counterfeit money left as tip at business, no suspect information.
- 14400 block of Weaver Lake Road. Report of possible domestic outside business. Officer made contact and found the two individuals were arguing but had not become physical; one party called for a ride.
- 9200 block of Zanzibar Lane. Report of taxi no pay, incident under investigation.
- 12500 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of unruly customer; officers responded, suspect cited for disorderly conduct and issued trespass notice.
- 16400 block of County Road 30. Report of fight at place of business. Officer responded and found it was a verbal argument that had escalated; one of the parties had left.
During this time period there were 21 property damage traffic accidents and three property damage injury traffic accidents.