Burglaries, Shotgun Stolen, House Fire: Maple Grove Police Incident Report
Nov 28, 2017 06:09AM ● Published by Wendy Erlien
The following synopsis of incidents occurred in Maple Grove Nov. 12-18, 2017, as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
- 13600 block of 86th Avenue. Report of an
individual entering garage to access vehicles while residents were home. Officers
responded, the suspect was arrested for burglary and false information to police.
8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of customer yelling and cursing when confronted by employee of concealing merchandise. Customer left the store knocking over items. Officers responded did not locate the suspect.
- T96th Avenue and Maple Grove Parkway. Report of an individual texting while sitting in vehicle at intersection. Officer made contact, suspect arrested for driving cancelled inimical to public safety, false information to police and two warrants.
- Nathan Lane and Pilgrim Way. Report of juveniles speeding down the street in a go-cart. Officer responded, did not locate the juveniles.
- 12700 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of alarm at business. Officers responded and located an individual nearby who matched the description provided. The suspect was arrested for burglary, obstructing legal process, and an outstanding warrant.
- 13300 block of Bass Lake Road. Report of a gas drive-off. Officer responded, follow-up investigation is being conducted.
- Bass Lake Road and Vagabond Lane. Report of a found child. Officer’s arrived and the father arrived on scene to bring the child home.
- 6200 block of Juneau Court. Report of suspicious vehicle parked on street. Officer made contact and found it was an employee of a company that was hired to do work nearby who had arrived early to the job site.
- 6500 block of Meadowlark Lane. Report of theft from vehicle observed on video surveillance by homeowner. Unknown what was stolen and no suspect information.
- 12500 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of wallet stolen and fraudulent use of credit cards. No suspect information.
- 12000 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of female sleeping in car. Officer made contact and found the individual was waiting for clients that had been transported to the location; no assistance needed.
- 11600 block of Lakeland Drive. Report of several items stolen from storage locker. Incident is under investigation.
- 16700 block of County Road 30. Report of merchandise grabbed from employee’s hands and individuals exited the store. No suspects located.
- I-694 and I-94. Report of traffic complaint in which the vehicle was swerving on the roadway. Officer made contact with the driver who was arrested for DWI.
- 18400 block of 95th Place. Report of shotgun stolen from occupied residence, access was gained through the garage and service door. Case under investigation.
- 9700 block of Alvarado Lane. Report of garage door opener stolen from unlocked vehicle overnight. Officer made contact and discovered credit card and cash were stolen from purse inside the home. No suspect information.
- 11800 block of 100th Place. Report of possible burglary in progress. Homeowner arrived at residence and found front door open and light on. Officers responded and searched the home with negative results. Advised to call with any further concerns.
- 15300 block of Grove Circle. Report of shoplifter in custody. Officer responded, suspect arrested for theft and trespassed from the business.
- 8000 block of Jefferson Highway. Report of vehicle fire in parking lot. Officer responded and found the driver was unharmed. The fire department arrived on scene and extinguished the fire.
- 13600 block of Grove Drive. Report of domestic at place of business. Officer made contact and found it was verbal only. No charges.
- 14400 block of Weaver Lake Road. Report of individuals receiving order from business but left without paying. Incident under investigation.
- 14500 block of 96th Avenue. Report of individual receiving harassing phone calls and text messages. Officer made contact and documented the information. No known suspect.
- I-94 and Weaver Lake Road. Report of vehicle swerving across traffic lanes. Officer made contact and the driver was arrested for DWI, driving after suspension, and careless driving.
- 13200 block of 94th Avenue. Report of tools stolen overnight from locked work vehicle parked outside. No suspects.
- 15300 block of 83rd High Road. Report of house
fire. Officer responded and was able to control flames until the fire
department arrived to extinguish the fire.
12500 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of juveniles trying to sneak into business without paying and threatening staff. Officer responded, did not locate juvenile suspects.
During this time period there were 40 property damage traffic accidents and four property damage injury traffic accidents.