Vehicle Fire, Holiday Decoration Damage, Irate Customer: Maple Grove Police Department Incident Report
Dec 05, 2017 02:58PM
● By Wendy Erlien
The following synopsis of incidents occurred in Maple Grove Nov. 19-25, 2017, as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
- 12500 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of cell phone stolen. No suspect information.
- 13600 block of 80th Circle. Report of an individual parked outside of business. Officer responded and conducted field sobriety tests. The individual arrested for fourth degree DWI and possession of marijuana in motor vehicle.
- 12200 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of shoplifter in custody. Officer responded, individual cited for theft.
- 16300 block of 96th Avenue. Report of irate customer who was causing a disturbance. Officer made contact and the individual, who was trespassed from the business.
- 12500 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of luggage stolen from vehicle while parked at business. No suspects.
- 15000 block of 92nd Place. Report of domestic. Officer responded and found it was verbal only, both parties felt no further assistance needed.
- 11200 block of 93rd Avenue. Report of uncooperative shoplifter on scene. Officer responded, suspect cited for theft and trespassed from the store.
- 9400 block of Garland Lane. Report of wallet with contents stolen from vehicle, in which the vehicle window was broken to gain access. No suspect information.
- 15300 block of Grove Circle. Report of group of children in parking lot by street with one of them lying on the ground. Officer responded but was unable to locate the children.
- 12700 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of an individual approaching customers outside businesses attempting to sell something. Officer made contact and learned the person was part of a fundraising effort.
- 12700 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of a vehicle driving without headlights. Officers made contact and the driver, who was arrested for fourth degree DWI.
- 9100 block of Upland Lane. Report of loud music coming from residence. Officer made contact with the homeowner who was cooperative and turned the music down.
- Elm Creek Boulevard and Zachary Lane. Officer on routine patrol observed two people running down the road away from parked vehicles. Contact was made, individuals were advised of safety concerns.
- Elm Creek Boulevard and Grove Drive. Officer on routine patrol observed vehicle stopped at intersection and did not proceed when the light changed, thus obstructing traffic. The driver arrested for fourth degree DWI.
- 6800 block of Berkshire Lane. Report of damage to holiday lights and decorations. No suspect information.
- 11000 block of Fountains Drive. Report of vehicle fire in parking lot of business. Upon officer’s arrival, the flames were extinguished. The fire department arrived and will handle the investigation.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of unattended child left in stroller inside of business. Officer responded, and the concerned parents approached to explain there had been confusion as to who was in charge when they entered the store. The incident was determined to be an honest mistake.
- 6900 block of Dallas Lane. Report of two windows of residence broken overnight, nothing taken from the home. Incident is under investigation.
- 12500 block of 92nd Avenue. Report of domestic. Officers responded and found it was verbal only. One of the individuals involved agreed to leave for the night and no further assistance needed.
- 8600 block of Pineview Lane. Report of intoxicated individual lying in the grass near parking lot of business. Officer responded and assisted until ambulance arrived to transport person to hospital for further care.
- 13500 block of Grove Drive. Report of a fight at place of business. Officers responded and found the aggressors had left before their arrival. Other parties involved agreed to leave upon request by staff, no charges.
- 6200 block of Quinwood Lane. Report of ex-boyfriend tampering with individual’s vehicle. Officers located the suspect who was issued a trespass notice and court summons for tampering with a motor vehicle.
During this time period there were 36 property damage traffic accidents and four property damage injury traffic accidents.