Burglary, Forgery, Injured Owl: MGPD Incident Report
Dec 10, 2017 04:49PM ● Published by Wendy Erlien
The following synopsis of incidents occurred in Maple Grove Nov. 26-Dec. 2, 2017, as provided by the Maple Grove Police Department Additional details for burglaries, robbery, arson, and theft can be found on the city website crime mapping section.
- 79th Place and West Fish Lake Road. While on routine patrol, officer made contact with driver of a vehicle was arrested for DWI.
- 6300 block of Quinwood Lane. Report of fire alarm. Upon officer’s arrival, it was determined that a washing machine motor had burnt out causing the appliance to smoke. Fire department arrived to handle the incident.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of suspicious person and possible theft in progress at business. Officers responded three individuals arrested for shoplifting and possession of controlled substance.
- 17500 block of 96th Avenue. Report of a gaming system, games stolen from residence while homeowners were away. Incident under investigation.
- 7000 block of Carey Lane. Report of mail stolen from box and subsequent check forgery. Incident is under investigation.
- 89th Avenue and Tewsbury. Report of damage to Christmas lights on neighborhood sign. No suspect information.
- 11300 block of Fountains Drive. Report of shoplifter in custody. Officer responded, suspect arrested and charged with theft and trespassed from the business.
- 11400 block of Fountains Drive. Report of a male occupant in parked vehicle near place of business for extended period. Officer made contact and found the individual was just waiting for his wife who was shopping.
- 12000 block of 85th Place. Report of multiple papers spread across homeowner’s lawn and into the street. Officer responded and located a Bible in the yard that was determined to have been stolen from vehicle, which was returned to the owner.
- 11800 block of 85th Place. Report of multiple items stolen overnight from vehicle parked in driveway, which was recovered upon the arrest of the suspect in another jurisdiction.
- 12900 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Victim’s wallet stolen from workplace in another jurisdiction and fraudulent transactions were occurred at business in Maple Grove. Officer made contact and the incident is under investigation.
- 13500 block of 96th Place. Report of unfamiliar vehicle parked in neighborhood for extended period. Officer made contact and found the driver was lost and trying to locate an address to complete a business order. Officer provided directions to driver.
- 13700 block of 74th Avenue. Report of objects overturned when homeowner returned to residence, unknown if burglarized. Officer made contact and found a hole gnawed in the wall above the couch and other evidence of animal presence.
- 8100 block of Oakview Lane. Report of vehicle rummaged through overnight, no apparent loss.
- 6600 block of Lancaster Lane. Report of wallet stolen overnight from vehicle parked in driveway, which was later recovered near another residence. All contents of wallet were intact except missing currency.
- 7800 block of Niagara Lane. Report of appliance fire inside of home. Officer responded and attempted to extinguish the fire. The fire department arrived on scene, extinguished fire.
- 16300 block of 96th Avenue. At employee’s request, officer on routine patrol checked welfare of person who had been inside of business for an extended period of time. The individual appeared under the influence of a controlled substance and was arrested on drug charges and an active warrant.
- 13700 block of 87th Avenue. Officers responded to a possible burglary in progress. It was determined there was no burglary, but an individual on scene had driven while under the influence and was arrested for DWI and an active warrant.
- 9900 block of Evergreen Lane. Report of mailbox damaged overnight and mail scattered on the ground. No suspects.
- 11700 block of Red Fox Drive. Report of purse with contents and GPS stolen overnight from vehicle parked in driveway. No suspects.
- 12600 block of 82nd Avenue. Report of money stolen from wallet in locker. Incident under investigation.
- I-94. Report of possible DWI leaving rest area. Officer made contact and found two individuals who had been arguing. They agreed things were fine and would continue on their way.
- 8900 block of Ranier Lane. Report of suspicious vehicle, parked in front of residence. Officers responded, vehicle left the scene prior to their arrival.
- 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of two customers yelling at each other. Parties separated upon officer’s arrival, there were no further issues.
- 18700 block of 95th Avenue. Report of multiple thefts from mailboxes in the area. Officer found a jacket and packaging, which was returned to owner.
- 18600 block of 97th Place. Report of laptop and miscellaneous items stolen from unlocked car. No suspects.
- Interstate 94. Report of injured owl found along freeway when individual pulled over due to vehicle trouble. Officer responded owl transported to the Raptor Center for care.
- 18000 block of Weaver Lake Drive. Report of a grass fire. Upon arrival, officer found it was a large bonfire, which the fire department had the homeowner put out.
During this time period, there were 29 property damage traffic accidents and three property damage injury traffic accidents.