Starting June 4, the annual Maple Grove Days medallion hunt will begin for 2018!
Community members are invited to search high and low for the 5” x 5” bronze colored, maple-leaf shaped medallion once the first clue is released June 4. The prize money is $500, according to the Maple Grove Community Organization.
A new clue will be published each week on Maple Grove Voice as well as on the Maple Grove Days website (maplegrovedays.org
) and Facebook/Twitter pages beginning June 4 and run through July 12 or until the medallion is found.
For daily updates on whether or not the medallion has been found, searchers may call 763-494-5956.
Contest guidelines and rules, according to the Maple Grove Community Organization, are as follows:
2. The Medallion will be found on a city of Maple Grove park land area.
3. No digging will be necessary.
4. No climbing will be necessary.
5. No disassembly will be required to find the medallion, including irrigation heads, light fixtures and park equipment.
6. Searchers must not deface public property or otherwise violate laws. Park hours are 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
7. Searchers assume all risk for personal injury.
8. No employees or the family members of the city of Maple Grove, Maple Grove Voice, Sun Publications or members or their family members of the Maple Grove Community Organization are eligible to win.
9. The winner’s name will be announced Saturday, July 14, at the Maple Grove Days festival.
10. Taxes due on the prize winnings are the responsibility of the winner.
11. If the Medallion is not found by 11 p.m. Thursday, July 12, the hunt will terminate and the money will roll to the next year.
12. The decisions of the Maple Grove Community Organization are final.