Suspicious Activity, Baby Raccoon, Fight: MGPD Incident Report
Jul 11, 2018 08:45PM
● By Wendy Erlien
A synopsis of some of the incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department during the week of June 25-30, 2018.
- 9200 block of Garland Lane. Report of disturbance. Officer made contact and found a party, but was now ending and there would be no more issues; verbal warning given.
- 8100 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of shoplifting. Officer responded and found two suspects had taken items without attempting to pay. When confronted they left the items, ran out of the store and drove off. The incident is under investigation.
- 9800 block of Hospital Drive. Report of equipment that was smoking at business. Officer responded and found the machine had been unplugged and there was no fire. Fire department arrived to reset the alarm, no further assistance needed.
- 13000 block of 62nd Place. Report of bag containing a wallet stolen from unlocked vehicle parked outside of business. No suspects.
- 10800 block of 89th Avenue. Report of theft of vehicle. Officer responded and found vehicle had been delivered along with others and was subsequently stolen. Case under investigation.
- 9800 block of Forestview Lane. Report of suspicious activity. Officer responded, homeowner observed a stranger looking into window of residence and ran away when she threw a shoe in his direction. Unable to locate the individual.
- 7400 block of County Road 101. Report of license plate stolen from vehicle in parking lot. No suspect information.
- 6500 block of Nathan Lane. Report of baby raccoon found at end of driveway of residence. Officer responded and relocated the animal to a nearby trail.
- 8100 Wedgewood Lane. Report of shoplifting in progress. Officer responded and arrested suspect for theft.
- 12400 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of theft of wallet at place of employment and fraudulent credit card activity. Case under investigation.
- 17800 block of 67th Place. Report of property damage accident. Officer responded and found the driver was under the influence operating a vehicle without permission. The driver was arrested for DWI, possession of controlled substance, and theft of motor vehicle.
- 7400 block of East Fish Lake Road. Report of burglary. Officer responded and found attempts to enter business resulted in damage to front door. No suspect information.
- 17800 block of 65th Avenue. Report of property damage. Officer responded and found homeowner’s mailbox had been damaged apparently due to fireworks being placed inside. No suspect information.
- 12200 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of two women fighting in parking lot of business. Officer arrived and found one of the parties had left. Follow-up is being conducted for possible charging due to the injuries of the individual at the scene.
- 13700 block of Grove Drive. Report of cell phone stolen from bathroom inside of business. No suspect information.
- County Road 30 and Garland Lane. Officer on routine patrol observed suspicious activity occurring in parking lot of business. When the vehicle drove off, contact was made with the driver due to operating without headlights. Two occupants were arrested for possession of controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.
- Bass Lake Road and I-494. Report of driving complaint where vehicle was all over the road. Officer made contact with the driver who was arrested for DWI.
- 90th Avenue and Kirkwood Circle. Report of no pay with taxi service. Officer made contact with the driver who stated three males ran from his car without paying. Unable to locate the suspects.
During this time period there were 32 property damage traffic accidents and 10 property damage injury traffic accidents.