Counterfeit Bill, Child Wandering, Theft: MGPD Incident Report
Jul 31, 2018 08:17PM
● By Wendy Erlien
A synopsis of some of the incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department during the week of July 15-21, 2018.
- 6300 block of Vinewood Lane. Report of unwanted person in vehicle. Officer responded and found a couple had gotten into a verbal argument, nothing physical had occurred. They both went their separate ways, no charges.
- 9600 block of 63rd Avenue. Report of counterfeit bill passed at business, incident under investigation.
- 13800 block of 74th Avenue. Report of suspicious male walking around neighborhood carrying a grocery bag. Officer did not locate the male or vehicle he was seen in, when leaving the area.
- 9200 block Holly Lane. Report of two pair of headphones and backpack containing personal belongings stolen overnight from unlocked vehicle parked in driveway of residence. No suspect information.
- 11500 block of Fountains Drive. Report of shoplifting. Officer responded and found suspect had taken two pairs of shoes. The incident is under investigation.
- 17200 block of 80th Avenue. Report of head injury. Officer responded and found intoxicated individual had fallen inside the home. Paramedics arrived to transport the victim to the hospital for care.
- 11800 block of Fountains Way. Report of suspicious male inside of business. Officer responded and found individual had entered restricted areas and knocked on doors. The suspect was located and issued a trespass notice and then left the scene.
- 9700 block of 69th Avenue. Report of theft of personal items from vehicle parked in underground garage, a window was shattered to gain access. No suspect information.
- 12300 block of 87th Avenue. Report by neighbor of grass fire in backyard of home. Officer responded and found that remnants of a bonfire caused leaves to smolder and they were extinguished. Residence was unoccupied and no further assistance needed.
- 12900 block of 63rd Avenue. Report of license plate stolen from vehicle parked outside of business. No suspect information.
- 63rd Avenue and Highway 169. Report of car fire. Officer responded and found that the fire had been extinguished and the vehicle was to be towed from the scene.
- 13800 block of Grove Drive. Report of three males who had left the store with unpaid items. Incident is under investigation.
- 13300 block of Bass Lake Road. Report of gas no pay, incident under investigation.
- 9200 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of rototiller stolen overnight from garden, no suspect information.
- 13600 block of Grove Drive. Report of male slumped over steering wheel of vehicle parked outside of business. Officer made contact and found the individual had been sleeping because he was tired.
- 13600 block of 74th Avenue. Report of burglary. Officer responded and found that jewelry, a television and property was stolen from the home. No suspect information.
- 16500 block of 96th Avenue. Report of fraudulent credit card transactions. Officer made contact and found individual had several unauthorized purchases completed at local business. Case under investigation.
- 96th Avenue and Maple Grove Parkway. Report of vehicle being driven erratically. Officer made contact with the driver who was arrested for DWI, open bottle, and careless driving.
- 15700 block of 85th Place. Report of child found wandering in neighborhood. Officer responded and the child was reunited with its father.
During this time period there were 30 property damage traffic accidents and three property damage injury traffic accidents.