Burglary, Agate Search, Vehicle Stolen: Maple Grove Police Incident Report
Sep 19, 2018 08:18PM
● By Wendy Erlien
A synopsis of some of the incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department during the week of Sept. 2-8, 2018.
- 17200 block of Weaver Lake Road. Report of burglary. Officer responded homeowner had awoken to find two doors open. A wallet with contents and a knife had been stolen, no suspect information.
- Arbor Lakes Parkway and Main Street. Report of snapping turtle on sidewalk, officer used shovel to transport the turtle to a nearby pond.
- Zachary Lane and 83rd Avenue. Officer on routine patrol observed person with flashlight in construction pit. Contact made with two adult males, who stated they were searching for agates, males were aware they were trespassing. Both males cited and released.
- 12600 block of 88th Place. Report of wallet with cash and credit cards stolen from vehicle overnight. Fraudulent transactions occurred on stolen credit cards. The incident is under investigation.
- 7200 block of Hemlock Lane. Report of suspicious vehicle parked in lot. Officer responded and found occupants who had been smoking marijuana. A small amount was confiscated from the vehicle and the owner of vehicle cited and released.
- 14700 block of 80th Avenue. Report of vehicle stolen from driveway of residence along with a laptop and miscellaneous tools. The vehicle was recovered in another jurisdiction. No suspect information.
- 7900 block of Ithaca Lane. Report of burglary. Officer responded homeowner discovered garage door open in the morning and vehicles gone through. Stolen were a laptop, bike and helmet, chain saw and miscellaneous items. The incident is under investigation.
- 9300 block of Upland Lane. Report of customer causing a disturbance due to a dispute. The male party left prior to officer’s arrival. Staff advised to call if the individual returned.
- 6600 block of Annapolis Lane. Report of vandalism. Officer responded and found light bulbs had been taken from inside warming house and smashed on the playground, no suspect information.
- 11800 block of 93rd Avenue. Report of cell phone stolen while at place of employment. No suspect information.
- I-94 & Maple Grove Parkway. Officer on routine patrol made contact with driver of vehicle due to traffic violation. The two occupants were arrested for outstanding warrants and 5th degree possession of controlled substance.
- I-94 & Weaver Lake Road. Officer on routine patrol conducted safety check on vehicle, which was discovered to be stolen. The driver was arrested for possession of stolen property and an outstanding warrant.
- 13000 block of Arbor Lakes Parkway. Report of damage to property. Officer responded and found graffiti spray painted on wall of business; follow-up is being conducted.
- 82nd Avenue & Dunkirk Lane. Report of suspicious vehicle in neighborhood. Officer made contact with the driver who was arrested for 5th degree possession of controlled substance and possession of stolen property, as the vehicle was stolen.
- 12400 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of assault. Officer responded and found there had been a dispute between store manager and an ex-employee and her mother. A physical altercation occurred between two of the individuals, the incident is under investigation.
- 11300 block of Fountains Dive. Report of theft in progress. Officer responded and the suspect was theft and trespassed from the business.
- 10700 block of 103rd Place. Report of animal complaint. Officer responded and found muskrat stuck in window well of residence. The animal was safely captured and released nearby.
- 12600 block of Arbor Lakes Parkway. Report of males fishing in lake behind business. Officer made contact with the individuals who were unaware of city ordinance. They were given a verbal warning and left the scene.
During this time period there were 20 property damage traffic accidents and two property damage injury traffic accidents.