CROSS Services To Host Toy Shop To Help Local Families; Seeks Donations And Volunteers 2018
Dec 11, 2018 09:42PM
● By Wendy Erlien
Holiday Toy Shop (photo provided by CROSS Services)
With the holiday season rapidly approaching, community members have the opportunity to help out local families in need by donating and volunteering to support the annual CROSS Services Holiday Shop.
"The CROSS families have registered 1,224 children to receive gifts this year," CROSS Director of Volunteers and Community Engagement Pat Schwalbe shared in an email to Maple Grove Voice. "The families will shop for their children on Saturday, December 15 and we couldn’t possibly have the Toy Shop without the help of the community!"
CROSS Services, a nonprofit organization which serves families in Maple Grove, Osseo, Rogers, west Champlin, Dayton, and Corcoran, is seeking donations of new and unwrapped children's gifts for the 2018 Holiday Toy Shop. One of the items of greatest need, according to CROSS, is gift cards for teens.
All new and unwrapped toys/gift cards need to be dropped off at the following sites by Thursday, Dec. 13:
- Americana Community Bank - 9495 Black Oaks Lane North, Maple Grove
- First Class Mortgage - 2906 63rd Avenue, Maple Grove
- Prime Advertising - 6450 Wedgewood Road N Suite #100, Maple Grove
- CROSS - 12915 Weinand Circle, Rogers
- Anchor Chiropractic- 20965 South Diamond Lake Road, Rogers
- Marine Max - 20300 County Road 81, Rogers
- DoJo Karate -21410 136th Avenue North, Suite 102, Rogers
- Edward Jones Champlin - 11132 Commerce Lane North, Champlin
From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 14, toys can be dropped off on set up day at the CROSS Toy Shop at Lord of Life Lutheran Church, 7401 County Road 101, Maple Grove.
For more information, including opportunities to help setup the Toy Shop on Friday, Dec. 14, contact CROSS Services 763-425-1050.