Three Rivers Park District Offers Fee Assistance Recreation Pass Plus
Jun 19, 2019 09:34AM
Fish Lake Regional Park in Maple Grove (Photo by Wendy Erlien)
Three Rivers Park District is now offering fee assistance to qualifying individuals through the new “Recreation Pass Plus” program.
Recreation Pass Plus is a recreation card that offers free equipment rentals, according to Three Rivers Park District, discounts on programs and events, and two free recreation passes per individual family member. These recreation passes include archery, swim ponds, dog off-leash areas, disc golf, boat trailer parking and cross-country skiing. Free equipment rentals include; canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, cross-country skis, snowshoes, kick-sleds and more.
“Several years ago we eliminated park entrance fees to ensure our parks were accessible to all people regardless of income,” Chairman of the Three Rivers Park District Board of Commissioners John Gunyou said. “The Recreation Pass Plus program furthers our commitment to equity by making many more of our popular amenities available to people who might have fewer resources."
The Recreation Pass Plus card is available for all families and individuals who live in Hennepin County and are enrolled in any one of the following services:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Emergency Medical Assistance (EMA)
- Minnesota Care
- General Assistance (GA)
- Minnesota Family Investment Act (MFIP)
- Medical Assistance (MA)
- Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA)
- Hennepin County Emergency Assistance Program (HCEAP)
- Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA)
- Work Benefit (WB)
- Diversionary Work Program (DWP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Nutrition Program Employment and Training Program (SNAP E&T)
- Free and Reduced School Lunch Program
For more information on the Recreation Pass Plus program or the other fee assistance programs available at Three Rivers, visit https://www.threeriversparks.org/feeassistance, or call 763-559-6700.