Tips for Attending Maple Grove Days Parade 2019
File photo: Maple Grove Days Parade 2018 (photo by Maple Grove Voice)
Each year, the Maple Grove Days Parade draws thousands of spectators.
Before heading to the 2019 parade on Thursday, July 11, here are a few items you might be interested in knowing:
- The parade starts at 6:10 p.m. Thursday, July 11 with political units followed by the remaining parade units at 6:30 p.m.
- Parade route follows 89th Avenue from Zachary Lane to Elm Creek Boulevard.
- The 2019 Grand Marshal is Dave Looby, President & CEO of Minneapolis Northwest Tourism. He has lived in Maple Grove for more than 30 years. According to the Maple Grove Community Organization, Looby is active in his communities as a current member and past president of the Maple Grove Rotary Club, as a performer and past president of the Wastebasket Revue, and as a past board member of Twin Cities Tourism Attractions Association, Brooklyn Center Business Association, Osseo Business Association, Maple Grove Magazine editorial board, and Minnesota Meetings + Events Magazine editorial board.
- The parade includes visiting royalty, floats, school marching bands, youth groups, church groups, school organizations, community organizations, businesses, police and fire vehicles, animals, musical groups and more.
- Organizers of the parade ask attendees "Do not reserve spots on 89th Avenue prior to Thursday, July 11," according to the Maple Grove Community Organization website and to "Please keep all children at the curb edge and out of the roadway."
- In case of inclement weather, visit the Maple Grove Days website for parade updates: https://mgco.org/
More information: https://mgco.org/events/maple-grove-days-parade