Building Fire, Vehicle Accident, Power Line Down: MGFD July Incident Report
Maple Grove Fire Department (photo by Maple Grove Voice)
For the month of July 2019, the Maple Grove Fire Department responded to 85 incidents. Here's a synopsis of some of those incidents.
- 11900 block of Main Street North. Chemical spill or leak. Dispatched to Granite City for a leaking CO2 tank. The tank appeared to be under extreme pressure. Turned off the valve to the tank and cleared.
- Eastbound I-694 and northbound I-494. Vehicle accident.
- 7800 block of Olive Lane North. Building fire. Arrived to find the side of the house on fire, fire extended up the siding into the garage eves and main eves of the house. Heavy flames and smoke coming out from the eves along the back side of house, call was elevated to 4th box alarm. Additional crews arrived, extinguished fire and cleared.
- Woodlark Way and Gladstone Boulevard. Off-road vehicle or heavy equipment fire.
- West Fish Lake Road and Ranchview Lane. Power line down. Wire down across West Fish Lake Road at the intersection of Ranchview. A branch fell and pulled the wire down, requested dispatch notify Sprint. Fire crews placed cones around the wire and reopened West Fish Lake Rd.
- 5400 block of Zachary Lane North. Plymouth Building fire.
- 13300 block of Bass Lake Road. Passenger vehicle fire. Paged to a vehicle fire. Originally reported at Caribou Coffee 12850 Bass Lake Rd, later found at Bruegger’s Bagels. On arrival found a vehicle in front of the drive thru speaker with fire in the engine compartment spreading to the passenger compartment, fire crews extinguished the fire. Vehicle was totaled, called for a tow truck. Cleared the scene.
- Westbound I-94 and Highway 610. Road freight or transport vehicle fire.
- 24 Gaywood Drive, Dayton. Building fire.
- 6600 block of Zachary Lane North. Power line down. Secured area until Wright Hennepin arrived on scene to verify that there was no power. After confirming, fire crews cut down a tree that was laying across the home owners driveway.
- 13300 block of Grove Drive. Bomb scare - no bomb.
- 7400 block of Queensland Lane North. Burnt food.
- Westbound I-94 and Maple Grove Parkway. Passenger vehicle fire. Arrived to a vehicle fully engulfed. Lanes had been blocked off prior to arrival by Maple Grove Police and Highway Patrol. Fire crews extinguished the fire.
- 7200 block of Forestview Lane North. Burnt food.
- 15200 block of 72nd Avenue North. Burnt food.
- 9200 block of Quantico Lane North. Burnt food.
- 15600 block of Grove Circle North. Grass fire. Dispatched to a small, smoldering mulch fire. Fire crews extinguished with a water extinguisher.