Unwanted Person, Deer Stuck, Theft: MGPD Incident Report
Oct 13, 2019 07:09PM
A synopsis of some of the incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department during the week of Sept. 22-28, 2019 in Maple Grove.
- 9300 block of Deerwood Lane. Report of unwanted person. Officer responded and located intoxicated individual who had been causing a disturbance at the business. A ride was arranged to transport him safely home.
- 13900 block of Grove Drive. Report of welfare check. Officer made contact with two individuals sleeping in a vehicle parked outside of business. The two occupants stated they were taking a nap in between deliveries, no assistance needed.
- 14800 block of 95th Avenue. Report of vandalism. Officer responded and found a male had damaged mailbox with a skateboard. Following an apology, the homeowner did not wish to pursue charges.
- 8500 block of Xenium Lane. Report of suspicious vehicle. Officer made contact with the driver who stated they were waiting to bring a friend to the airport, there were no problems.
- 13700 block of 89th Avenue. Report of animal complaint. Officer responded and found deer stuck in fence of baseball field, a maintenance worker arrived to assist in cutting the deer free.
- 8500 block of Valley Forge Lane. Report of disorderly conduct. Officer responded and found two males had been involved in a verbal altercation in parking lot of business. No charges were pursued.
- 94th Avenue and Garland Lane. Officer on routine patrol observed vehicle with equipment violation. Contact was made with the adult female driver who indicated signs of intoxication and was arrested for DWI.
- 15300 block of 80th Avenue. Report of identity theft. Officer made contact and found individual had unauthorized transactions occur on bank accounts, the incident is under investigation.
- 8500 block of Valley Forge Lane. Report of disorderly conduct. Officer responded and found adult male had been causing a disturbance at the business following a disagreement. The uncooperative suspect was arrested for disorderly conduct and obstructing legal process and trespassed.
- 13500 block of Grove Drive. Report of theft from vehicle. Officer responded and found license plate had been stolen off vehicle while parked outside of place of employment, no suspect information.
- 17200 block of 72nd Avenue. Report of disturbance. Officer made contact and found a group of children had been playing outside with adult supervision and were not blocking traffic, there were no issues.
- 13400 block of 96th Place. Report of neighbor trouble. Officer responded and found complaints involving noise from residents at townhome complex, advised both parties to be respectful of their neighbors.
- 14000 block of Territorial Road. Report of theft from vehicle. Officer responded and found GPS and gift card were stolen from unlocked vehicle overnight; no suspect information.
- 17500 block of 96th Avenue. Report of vandalism. Officer responded and found several cars parked outside building had been keyed, no suspect information.
- 12000 block of Main Street. Report of theft. Officer made contact and found credit cards had been stolen from victim’s purse while inside business and fraudulent charges occurred, no suspect information.
- 300 Eagle Lake Drive. Officer responding to a vehicle lockout made contact with the driver on scene who was arrested for an outstanding warrant.
- 6800 block of Vicksburg Lane. Report of noise complaint. Officer responded and found the music had been turned off, resident was advised regarding complaint.
- 11700 block of Central Park Way. Officer responding to disturbance from vehicle parked on roadway found couple had been involved in a verbal disagreement. Contact with the male driver indicated signs of intoxication, and he was arrested for DWI.
- 9400 block of Fernbrook Lane. Report of suspicious activity. Officer made contact and found individual had observed unknown male on two occasions riding a bike around parking lot looking at cars, unable to locate.
- 9300 block of Ranchview Lane. Report of theft from vehicle. Officer responded and found a large amount of cash had been stolen from unlocked vehicle, no suspect information.
During this time period there were 25 property damage traffic accidents and one property damage injury traffic accident.