Disorderly Conduct, Theft, Unwanted Person: Maple Grove Police Incident Report
A synopsis of some of the incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department during the week of Jan. 5-11, 2020 in Maple Grove.
- I-94 & Weaver Lake Road. Officer on routine patrol made contact with driver for equipment violation. The adult male was arrested for an outstanding warrant and no Minnesota driver’s license.
- 12700 block of Arbor Lakes Parkway. Report of noise complaint. Officer responded and found construction equipment operating near residential area. Advised of ordinance due to the early hour; the individual agreed to leave and return later to complete the work.
- 9300 block of Garland Lane. Report of theft from vehicle. Officer made contact and learned license plate had been stolen from vehicle parked outside of building. No suspect information.
- 9700 block of 69th Avenue. Report of harassment. Officer made contact with individual who had received obscene messages from unknown party. Police advised regarding steps to take.
- 9800 block of Hospital Drive. Report of threats. Officer made contact and found individual had made threatening remarks towards staff. The party was informed that this behavior could result in criminal charges. No charges pursued.
- 12700 block of Bass Lake Road. Report of theft from vehicle. Officer responded and found window smashed and bag containing headphones had been stolen from vehicle parked outside of business, no suspect information.
- 9300 block of Revere Lane. Report of burglary. Officer responded and found unknown individual had entered occupied residence. The suspect left the scene with no apparent loss. Police continue to investigate the incident.
- 18700 block of 97th Place. Report of mail theft. Officer responded and found package had been stolen from front porch of residence. No suspect information.
- 6200 block of Larch Lane. Report of medical. Officer responded and found individual having difficulty breathing. Administered aid until paramedics arrived to transport the victim to hospital for further care.
- 9900 block of Troy Lane. Report of mail theft. Officer made contact and found packages and pieces of mail had been stolen from mailbox; no suspect information.
- 6800 block of Timber Crest Drive. Report of suspicious activity. Officer responded and found individual walking outside residence with a flashlight. It was found they were an employee from a roofing company checking for damage. No issues.
- 13300 block of Bass Lake Road. Report of disorderly conduct. Officer responded and found two former employees had caused a disturbance inside the business which included physical interaction; the incident is under further investigation by police.
- Vinewood Lane and Elm Creek Boulevard. Officer on routine patrol observed vehicle driving erratically. Contact was made with the adult female driver who was subsequently arrested for 2nd degree DWI.
- 7800 block of Elm Creek Boulevard. Report of theft. Officer responded and found iPad had been stolen from room; the incident is under further investigation by police.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of shoplifting. Officer responded and found two juveniles had stolen merchandise. They were both cited and released from the scene.
- 11800 block of Fountains Way. Report of theft. Officer responded and found two individuals had purchased food at restaurant and left without paying the bill. The incident is under investigation by police.
- 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of unwanted person. Officer responded and found adult male inside restaurant that had closed. The individual was asked to leave the scene and left without incident.
- 11700 block of Central Park Way. Report of damage to property. Officer responded and found vehicle had been hit with BB’s or pellets causing damage to vehicle. No suspect information.
- 12300 block of 90th Place. Report of forgery. Officer made contact and learned that victim’s checks had been stolen with subsequent forgery occurring. The incident is under further investigation.
- 6300 block of Vinewood Lane. Report of theft from vehicle. Officer responded and found catalytic converter had been cut from vehicle parked outside place of employment; no suspect information.
- 11800 block of Fountains Way. Report of disturbance. Officer responded and found two drivers had been involved in a verbal dispute in parking lot of business. No charges pursued.
During this time period there were 24 property damage traffic accidents and three property damage injury traffic accidents.