Disturbance, Theft, Suspicious Activity: Maple Grove Police Incident Report
Feb 01, 2020 09:14PM
● By Wendy Erlien
A synopsis of some of the incidents responded to by the Maple Grove Police Department during the week of January 12-18, 2020 in Maple Grove.
- Bass Lake Road and I-494. Officer on routine patrol made contact with adult male driver for traffic violation. The suspect was arrested for 4th Degree DWI.
- 9400 block of Dunkirk Lane. Report of medical. Officer responded and found delivery person at business had an injured finger. Provided transportation to hospital for further care.
- County Road 30 and Upland Lane. Report of vandalism. Officer responded and found graffiti spray painted underneath bridge. No suspect information.
- 17200 block of 74th Place. Report of theft from vehicle. Officer responded and found registration card had been stolen overnight from unlocked vehicle parked in driveway. No suspect information.
- 8100 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of shoplifting. Officer responded and found adult female had stolen merchandise. The suspect was arrested for misdemeanor theft and trespassed from the business.
- 17000 block of 78th Avenue. Report of suspicious activity. Officer responded and found resident had observed via home surveillance that an unknown individual had walked up to locked vehicle parked in driveway during the night. No further suspect information.
- 17000 block of 72nd Avenue. Report of mail theft. Officer responded and found two packages had been stolen by an unknown suspect from outside residence which homeowner observed on surveillance. The incident is under further investigation.
- 10400 block of Valley Forge Lane. Report of fraud. Officer made contact with victim who stated fraudulent transaction had occurred on credit card. No suspect information.
- 63rd Avenue and Magda Drive. Officer on routine patrol observed vehicle commit traffic violation. Contact was made with the adult male driver who was arrested for driving after cancellation.
- 6200 block of Upland Lane. Report of suspicious activity. Officer responded and found family member had arrived at residence and noted front door ajar. The area was found to be clear and nothing missing.
- 11900 block of 73rd Avenue. Report of theft. Officer responded and found the driver of vehicle had pumped gas and then driven off, possible suspect information.
- 9500 block of Upland Lane. Report of theft from vehicle. Officer made contact and found iPad had been stolen from unlocked vehicle parked outside of business; the incident is under further investigation.
- 13800 block of Grove Drive. Report of intoxicated driver parked outside of business. Officer made contact with the adult male who was arrested for 2nd Degree DWI.
- 9800 block of Maple Grove Parkway. Report of unwanted person. Officer responded and found the employee had been causing a disturbance at business and refused to leave when requested by management. The individual was informed they needed to vacate the property and did so without further problems.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of disturbance. Officer made contact with the driver of vehicle parked outside of businesses who stated staff had yelled at him for blocking the area, no criminal charges pursued.
- 9300 block of Upland Lane. Report of recovered property. Officer responded and found two utility loaders parked outside of business which were found to be stolen in another jurisdiction. The loaders were returned to the owner; no suspect information.
- 6500 block of Eagle Lake Drive. Report of a noise complaint. Officer responded to the residence where a party was underway. The homeowner was advised of the complaint and ordinance to which they complied.
- 8000 block of Wedgewood Lane. Report of shoplifting. Officer responded to the scene and four females and the male driver of the getaway vehicle were arrested for felony theft and trespassed from the business.